Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
<<<Cast Your Vote!  How Do You Want Your OSO?>>> >

<<<Cast Your Vote! How Do You Want Your OSO?>>>

Notices
View Poll Results: Where do you want to go?
1. PG-13
36.47%
2. R
51.76%
3. X
11.76%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

<<<Cast Your Vote! How Do You Want Your OSO?>>>

Old 02-25-2002, 08:33 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ya I am going to have to agree with Biggus on that one. The Little kid in the crib was disturbing and the one that you put in Shore with the sheep was off the hook as well. I do agree that we all need to keep it tastefull. If it is truely funny and will not hurt a member then what the hell

Jon
Old 02-25-2002, 09:23 AM
Senior Member # 68
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel that I'm a very open and liberal individual,(I made a post several months ago,asking if your wife wanted to work in a strip club,would you let her) However I don't want to see the board degenerate to the point it was several years ago,where many posts amounted to childish, fu@k you,no, Fu@k you...and on and on.....I believe that the line needs to be drawn sonewhere,but I don't want someone else drawing it for me...Because of the expense involved in the sport all of us enjoy,most of us must be responsible and accountable adults.So let's try to show it here.And police ourselves,before someone does it for us..... Most of us PROBABLY, have no problems with strong R material,however IF I want SICK or obscene,I'll go somewhere else
Steve
Old 02-25-2002, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

OK.......A guy named BIGGUS DIKKUS is offended by penis pictures is it just me? Or..........................And dont tell me the sheep didnt make you guys laugh!!! My question again......Who decides what is in good taste??
Old 02-25-2002, 09:39 AM
Charter Member # 430
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RRRRR

Nothing you can do in the boating community to stop the trickle in of R material.

I do think the addition of picture posting has brought down the quality of the board. Before that people had to think a little more before posting. Some would find this extra "fluff" annoying and view the board less.

I like the new board otherwise! Ads can be annoying, but pay for the servers, one thing I do know about! I guess it's also keeping Jeff in that killer boat too. Guess I gotta get my board going.

Congrats Jeff on a very successful site.
Old 02-25-2002, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Bird dog, I didn`t say I was offended. It`s that I`d rather not look at penis shots.Do you like penis shots?

By the way my screen name was from the movie "The meaning of life"

You can call me Kurt.
Old 02-25-2002, 09:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Keep it just the way it is...

Open, honest, uncensored with freedom to post "within reason."

Of course, "Within Reason" is relative and subjective, but it's up to all of us.

The (1)important thing is to view what you want, and not ***** about what you don't care for.

But (2)More Important, if you're going to be off topic or even venture into some shady territory Make it known from the get-go.

Start out with "OT" or "Warning" with a discription. This will make it possible for all members to discern what they will view and what they skip over and avoid those surprises .

If you want to or desire to lead a sheltered, boring life without those certain "spices of life"...So be it. It's your perogative. Just please don't infringe on everyone else's rights to peruse different things.

Last edited by Baja Daze; 02-25-2002 at 10:11 AM.
Old 02-25-2002, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Kurt!!!! I wasnt trying to P.O. you or any one. Im just kinda "Ate Up" about this Freedom Of Speach Thing. So many people out there trying to tell us what is good or bad. And no I dont care to see penis pic {just makes me jealous} I also didnt care much for the giant nasty fat broads....BUT... I will never ***** about any of it!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2002, 10:30 AM
diligaf

Default THE 3 B's are the spice of life....

BOATS, BABES, AND BOOBS,,, This board is the best. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time..

People complain about EVERYTHING,,, its human nature.. IF there is a topic you do not care to read or participate, in move on to the next, or move on period...

How can you draw a line ??? If you tell a Italian joke and some Guinea gets offended does that mean we shouldn't tell jokes ??, By the way, I am part ITALIAN...

On the othetr hand, I also do not think this is a place for X rated material.... OR BEASTIALITY ( TRAVISS )

Last edited by diligaf; 02-25-2002 at 10:32 AM.

Old 02-25-2002, 10:31 AM
Registered

I think the board is fine as long as you warn people. I look at this at work alot and if I open something with nudity I am in deep ****. So alittle warning is all I ask. I love to look at boobs and butts as much as the next guy. But I also feel that if you posted something that was directed toward someone and they ask you to delete it you should. Its called respect for your fellow boater. The sheep was not deleted, and it was asked to be deleted.
Mark
Old 02-25-2002, 10:42 AM
Charter Member #9/ Moderator
Charter Member

Lightbulb

I'm not telling anyone what to do. Just some things I've been thinking about while reading this thread. My thoughts are random.

There has been a change in content of message for obvious reasons...the pictures.

We lived with this board without pictures for a long time. Did any of us leave? No.

Does the ability to post pictures give you the right to display anything you want? No. OSO has that right, meaning OSO can take off anything it finds objectionable or distasteful.

This message board is privately owned.

Who draws the line on distasteful content? OSO.

We aren't the only ones who may object to distasteful content. Ever think about the advertisers on this board who help keep it up? Without them OSO may not have the funds to continue to operate.

Will some of us leave if it goes to far. Most likely.

I find it interesting that those of you who want to post anything (pictures included) automatically think others should just leave the board if they don't like the material content. You know the old saying "Change Channels." Why not the other way around?

This is not the same medium as TV or Movies. TV gives you the content. Whereas on this message we all contribute to the content.

Quick Reply: <<<Cast Your Vote! How Do You Want Your OSO?>>>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.