Notices

Fountain Stock Price

Old 07-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not funny at all. but as I've said before it will be the production builders that go first because there customers that they depend on have been the hardest hit in this chit. If they go than others won 't be far behind. I hope he can pull a rabbit outa somewhere, time will tell.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Charter Member #928
Charter Member

Hell, I thought all stocks were in the tank. Mine sure is. First time ever mine is lower than what I paid for it years ago.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 951 Likes on 511 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmic12
Its not funny at all. but as I've said before it will be the production builders that go first because there customers that they depend on have been the hardest hit in this chit. If they go than others won 't be far behind. I hope he can pull a rabbit outa somewhere, time will tell.
Kinda a catch 22 statement. You predict production builders going down first but the custom builders have bigger odds (on a per boat level) of making it. Outerlimits sells 24 boats a year if they sell 12 less boats their production drops 50%. They have 3 dealers nationwide, if one folds their dealer network is down by 33%.

Fountain sells many lines of boats (cruisers, fish, go fast), has a dealer on every corner, has the backing of Mercury/Brunswick.

I would think the independents/ small custom guys will hurt first.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Kinda a catch 22 statement. You predict production builders going down first but the custom builders have bigger odds (on a per boat level) of making it. Outerlimits sells 24 boats a year if they sell 12 less boats their production drops 50%. They have 3 dealers nationwide, if one folds their dealer network is down by 33%.

Fountain sells many lines of boats (cruisers, fish, go fast), has a dealer on every corner, has the backing of Mercury/Brunswick.

I would think the independents/ small custom guys will hurt first.
Ya all that may be true but they (custom guys) don't have the overhead or dept to have to keep up with. So if OL- Cig-A.T.-N.T.- Hustler a few others just tighten there belts alittle they should be able to keep going and for the most part there customers have the money to buy what they want when they want. I am not saying it won't be tough but thats what I see and if Reggie thinks Baja is going to pull him through, well we will see, there is a reason they went down to start with. I wish no hard times on anyone and I hate to see this happening.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think this countrys businesses are going to see a lot of hardship in the next couple of years. I wish Fountain luck and hope that they can weather the storm.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Baja has a lot of warranty issues that Fountain did not inherit and that Brunswick is going to eat.....the combination of the two brands on the same assembly line should hopefully streamline costs....I don't know Reggie but he has some good guys working there...for their sake alone I hope things work out