Design Experts, Rough Water Question. >

Design Experts, Rough Water Question.

Notices

Design Experts, Rough Water Question.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 685 Likes on 275 Posts

Brownie

I assumed you meant the economic part of it I was just checking.
I also thought that you had mentioned the Donzi was a 7 metre in a previous discussion but the numbers didn't work out on the conversion for me .After looking at these pics I put 2 and 2 together and got that you tooled up a longer version for your Nova and changed your lift strake configuration .

Not trying to be an azz kisser but the unique style of the large windshield wings and the bold flared look of the bow on the Nova makes it my favorite boat.Even though Wellcraft made an icon of the design I lost interest after they changed the windshield design , kinda like after they took the tailfins off the Cadillacs.
Attached Thumbnails Design Experts, Rough Water Question.-mag-14.jpg   Design Experts, Rough Water Question.-blue_side_1.jpg   Design Experts, Rough Water Question.-mag-5.jpg  

Old 08-04-2008, 05:50 PM
Registered

T2x

Thanks for the feedback on the Delta .

The Early European boats to me were always a curiosity .

I have not viewed them in many years but after going back and looking at the pics of Levis boats it makes me wonder how they carried the bows so well ,especially being that most were fitted with surface drives. There does not seem to be an exaggeration of rocker in the hulls that would suggest that was providing the lift. I do see that a number of Levis boats have heavily notched transom but many don't and still seem to carry the bow very well.I can understand the chine walk problem due to the narrow width though.

One more question for you design guru's

Why can you not run the lower lift strake all the way to the transom on something small like a 18 Donzi. At speed the hull is already on the last 3 feet of the bottom. To me this would seem to steady the hull and give something for the hull to ride on to eliminate chine walk.

I know i ask to many questions.

Brownie I better get with you on that book so you guys can get on to other things.

And some more Levi designs
Attached Thumbnails Design Experts, Rough Water Question.-barca-bill-bull-levi.jpg   Design Experts, Rough Water Question.-bill-bull-viste-sul-po-pv.jpg   Design Experts, Rough Water Question.-delta-corsara-48-planata.jpg  

Old 08-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Registered

Some more of Levi
Attached Thumbnails Design Experts, Rough Water Question.-delta-hydronic-partenocraft-viste-pianta-laterale-e-sezioni.jpg   Design Experts, Rough Water Question.-delta-hydrosonic-special-partenocraft.jpg  
Old 08-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Registered

Levi high speed cat .

300 feet and a 100 knots.
Attached Thumbnails Design Experts, Rough Water Question.-barca_levi_r-w_100.jpg   Design Experts, Rough Water Question.-levi_rw-100.jpg   Design Experts, Rough Water Question.-rw_100.jpg  

Old 08-05-2008, 07:16 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Levi high speed cat .

Man oh man I love that cat!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow! That thing is so gorgeous, it should be illegal.

T2x
Old 08-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Registered

Yea that thing would be outrageous wouldn't it.300 feet moving at 100mph
Old 08-05-2008, 04:21 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Yea that thing would be outrageous wouldn't it.300 feet moving at 100mph
I especially like the way its wake mimics a vee bottom monohull...........
Old 08-05-2008, 04:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

100 MPH? I couldn't imagine how much power would be required to make 300 feet go 100 mph. It probably couldn't carry enough fuel to travel out of sight distance from the fuel docks.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Better yet.. 100 Knots = 130+- MPH ??

Quote:
Levi high speed cat .

Man oh man I love that cat!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow! That thing is so gorgeous, it should be illegal.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Registered

I don't know I was looking at that also. It might be a 3point or something.Brownie probaly knows.

Couple pics of another Levi design that has the same transom look.
Attached Thumbnails Design Experts, Rough Water Question.-arcidiavolo.jpg   Design Experts, Rough Water Question.-arcidiavologt.jpg   Design Experts, Rough Water Question.-pruaarcidiavologt.jpg  

Last edited by tommymonza; 08-05-2008 at 05:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Design Experts, Rough Water Question.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.