Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
***URGENT*** Please read!! Need replies, comments concerns! >

***URGENT*** Please read!! Need replies, comments concerns!

Notices
View Poll Results: Have you ever been confused over the two different Gaffrig companies?
Yes, I am very confused as to the difference
42.50%
Yes, I am a Gaffrig Precison / Livorsi Marine customer
36.25%
Yes, but don't care about the difference makes no difference to me
6.25%
No, I did not even know there were two companies
15.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

***URGENT*** Please read!! Need replies, comments concerns!

Old 03-02-2002, 07:10 AM
MikeStar

Don't have much first-hand experience, but I've heard that the Livorsi products were the "real" Gaffrig items and were the way to go. Had Gaffrig throttle/shifter in my last boat, worked great, no problems, no complaints. And I like to page through the catalog, but who doesn't

Old 03-02-2002, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

There is defeintie confusion. Who actually owns the name, that's what the courts are for, I guess.

I can only say that I've had several dealings with Wags at Livorsi over the past sveral months. Total $$$'s less that $750. Definitely not a major sale for a company supplying OEM's. But in every case Wags has been the ultimate representative for a company. He even tested a used depth sounder for me, found no problem, then UPS'ed it back for no charge AND paid the UPS charges. Another time I was in the middle of an installation and lost the documentation, he faxed it to me within minutes and thanked me for calling. A true professional that will have my future business!!!

If you ever need help in any way, Livorsi is the right choice!!!

My .02!
Old 03-02-2002, 07:47 AM
Registered

By the way, here's the result of Wag's help.

Last edited by jbrauer; 09-17-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-02-2002, 09:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I've got Gaffrig/Livorsi in my boat as do most stock factory installations, I believe. I have had absolutely no problems with the livorsi gauges on either of my two past boats and am very happy with the performance, durability and reliebility.

Since I was first made aware that there are in fact two companies using the Gaffrig name through OSO, I've been paying particular attention every time I look at a dash.

It appears that 99% of the boats and dashes I've seen carry the "Gaffrig by Livorsi Marine" insignia on the face of the guage.

I'm with Livorsi.
Old 03-02-2002, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

I haved installed the real "Gaffrig" gauges in the last three boats I have had. I have purchased them from Eddie Marine.
I am in the process of replacing the rest of the gauges in my 1988 28ft Scarab Excel, I already have the speedo & tach, and will be damn sure that I purchase those directly from Mike Livorsi!
I'm just lucky that I had always gotten the "real deal" in the past because I only became aware of this "Cheater" from OSO.
Hang in there Mike.

Sincerly,
TomR
Old 03-02-2002, 11:41 AM
Registered

I think of guages I only think Gaffrig, as in Gaffrig/Livorsi, someone jumping on the bandwagon, stealing credibility of the reputation Gaffrig/Livorsi made for themselves, is not right. If it's a great product, competively priced, all the better, and that should have no problem making a name for it's self, such as B.P.G. or something (Bandwagon Precision Guage's)
Old 03-02-2002, 12:03 PM
Registered

Thanks again all of you!! We appreciate your comments and responses we need to hear from the consumers for the upcoming trial.
Old 03-02-2002, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it weren’t for this forum, I wouldn’t even have known there was a “good” Gaffrig and a “bad” Gaffrig. This forum also taught me how to tell the difference by looking at the gauge face. I seem to remember the good said “Gaffrig by Livorsi” and the bad said “Gaffrig Performance”. It didn’t matter much to me once I found that my boat had the “good”. Too bad there are folks out there who are not informed. However, it sounds likes steps are being taken to eliminate the confusion.
Old 03-02-2002, 04:28 PM
Registered

This is the kind of feedback we were hoping to see. Of course "good " and "bad" are a matter of public opinion and there definately is one in this matter!

These forums are very informative to the public so boaters can make informative choices based on their own research and the evaluations of others.

Last edited by Unoblondie; 03-02-2002 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-02-2002, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope you are able to eliminate the confusion regarding Gaffrig and Gaffrig. We all know how confusing our pastime is already.
Heck, have you ever read a thread on the best way to winterize a boat!!

Now – all we need is to see Bronson Hill take on Chad Hill. This forum also taught me who the real-deal was there.

Quick Reply: ***URGENT*** Please read!! Need replies, comments concerns!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.