Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ >

Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ

Notices

Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ

Old 08-06-2008, 09:51 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

I sent my copy out to all of the Senators.

Already getting the Auto-Replies back.

(For immediate attention on a matter please call #.)

If you reside in Senate District 25 and need immediate assistance with a state issue, please phone my office at 973 627-9700

From Senator Gill: If this is a matter that needs our immediate attention, please feel free to contact my district office at 973-509-0388.

Thanks again Dave !

I knew after yesterday's call it was only the beginning...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBCATMATHEWS
1. Was John Kennedy armed in Dallas and did he fire first?
Yes, sirhan sirhan was on his way to work when John took a pot shot at him.
that was a different brother from the same mother [sp] lee harvey oslweld killed john, sirhan did Bobby in and we got stuck with the moron brother teddy oh and you should always stop and try to save a life even if they hit you, also always wait for the facts to come out, before putting boot in mouth oops, but this is just sad for all. I don't boat at night cause I seen to much stupid chit during the day.

Last edited by AIR TIME; 08-06-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Registered

Here is a copy of a great letter to the Senator from our member Bob Christie:

Dear Senator Sarlo:

It was with great regret that I learned of the boating tragedy that took place this past Saturday night. While I did not personally know any of the boaters involved, my deepest thoughts and prayers go out to all involved. It was truly a tragedy that is upsetting in many ways, not the least of which was your irresponsible statements to the press trying to blame all power boaters in New Jersey.

As a resident of New Jersey for 54 years, an avid boater for almost 40 of those years and the owner of a boating business in New Jersey, it concerns me that you have taken a tragedy of this magnitude to try and further your political agenda. The State Police and the prosecutors office have not finalized their investigation at this time, yet you have assumed that someone was drinking with your statement that "speeding combined with floating cocktail parties and unskilled boaters are recipes for disaster." Do you know something that the police do not know ? Do you know if any of the drivers were not carrying a valid boat safety certification card? Do you know if anyone was drinking that was involved? Do you know if either boat had legal running lights on? If you do, I would assume that you know more than the authorities and should volunteer your first hand knowledge to the police. So if I am to follow your unfounded logic, then if someone dies in a car accident at night, should we ban cars from driving at night, or reduce the speed limit on the New Jersey Turnpike at night, or the Garden State Parkway at night? How many people die in car accidents at night? If a plane crashes at Newark airport in the evening, should we ban night flights or maybe ask them to land their planes a bit slower? New Jersey is one of the largest boating communities per capita in the United States and it's safety record is one of the VERY best. So how is it when there is one terrible and regrettable accident that comes to your attention that you go to the press and try and penalize everyone else.

New Jersey has some of the toughest safe boating laws in the country. We also have laws against driving and drinking. We have laws that require proper lights on all boats at night? We have laws that require that you drive at a safe speed based upon current conditions. New Jersey is doing a great job of protecting boaters through it's current laws and setting a great example to other states. So why is it that you are convinced we need Speed Limits on the tidal waters at night? If someone drinks and drives a boat at night, or takes drugs and drives a boat at night, or drives at any speed without running lights, or operates a boat without a proper legal certification, will your law have any impact on them; most likely not. You are trying to penalize the many for the possible sins of a few. Those that wish to break the law will not be any more careful because you have created new laws. I make no assumptions or accusations in this current tragedy because I do not know the facts and until they are known, neither should you. But you have already gone to the press and talked about changing laws with no basis or facts. Could it be that you just do not like power boaters?

As a registered voter, and one of many thousands of registered boaters in the State of New Jersey, I think you owe the families of the injured a formal apology for making it sound as if they were drinking and reckless without any facts. Further I believe you owe all boaters in New Jersey an formal apology in the same newspapers that you went to already, for jumping to the conclusion that because of one accident, everyone that boats breaks the law and should be penalized.

My family and friends continue to pray for the injured in hopes that they can make a full recovery. As for Robert Post's death, there are no words to describe how saddened I am by the loss of his life and the impact that it will continue to have on his friends and family. As a public official, maybe you could get off your high horse for a few weeks, allow the police to do their investigation and send condolences to the injured and grieving through the news paper rather than try and further a political agenda that will not have any impact on the next tragedy that occurs.

Robert S. Christie
President/CEO
3E Company
Old 08-06-2008, 10:21 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Angry

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
your #numbers .
Let me make this CLEAR !!!

No one has any factual proof that any HIN (numbers) were being sanded or grinded off that I am aware of, but yet people keep posting it.

If the HIN is missing from the transom that is because the boat was completely redone and they may have forgotten to put the numbers back onto the hull. This had nothing to do with the accident ! I have pics of the boat with no numbers on the transom from 3 years ago. They certainly did not grind a transom when no numbers were present to begin with.

The only place I see any numbers scratched off was the registration number on the starboard side where the impact from the crash allegedly took place. Port side is still intact.

So can we please refrain from making those type of allegations ? Thank you........
Attached Images   

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 08-06-2008 at 10:47 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:30 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Well said Bob !!!

Somebody may want to contact Roger Brown to make sure he has enough room for his next Commission meetting !

They are used to having I think 20 or less people come to those meetings...

Something tells me this next meeting will be well over triple digits...

Old 08-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Let me make this CLEAR !!!

No one has any factual proof that any HIN (numbers) were being sanded or grinded off that I am aware of, but yet people keep posting it.

If the HIN is missing from the transom that is because the boat was completely redone and they may have forgotten to put the numbers back onto the hull. This had nothing to do with the accident ! I have pics of the boat with no numbers on the transom from 3 years ago. They certainly did not grind a transom when no numbers were present to begin with.

The only place I see any numbers scratched off was the registration number on the starboard side where the impact from the crash allegedly took place. Port side is still intact.

So can we please refrain from making those type of allegations ? Thank you........
chill man I posted right after I read the post from bobcat and now got to the end of this thread, so I will delete it off sparky, spanky I mean sharkey

Last edited by AIR TIME; 08-06-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Well said Bob !!!

Somebody may want to contact Roger Brown to make sure he has enough room for his next Commission meetting !

They are used to having I think 20 or less people come to those meetings...

Something tells me this next meeting will be well over triple digits...
I will be there
Old 08-06-2008, 10:50 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
I will be there
When we went to Trenton it was standing room only ....

Old 08-06-2008, 10:53 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts

Dave I want to thank you for all you do for performance boating in NJ, I dont boat there but I think it is great that you fight for all of us, let me know what I can do to help out, I dont boat in NJ. but it is close to home, Thanks again.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:35 PM
Registered

NJ, hmmmm, over taxed, over regulated, and adding another regulation to the last remaining freedom we have. Hmm, wonder why I moved from NJ to Texas!

Quick Reply: Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.