Notices

Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ

Old 08-07-2008, 07:29 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Dave:

I applaud your efforts year in and year out. Sometimes you win and sometimes you don't but you never give up and that, bro, is worthy of all of our respect.

One other thing, you are definitely not "Murderous Scum", and I should know..........

Yours truly,

"Cantankerous Scum".....T2x

P.S....Please post the senator's e-mail address so that we might support your efforts en masse.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very interesting that what Texoma was getting bashed for 2 pages ago by OSO members, Dave P is being applauded for by OSO members. Don't get me wrong, Dave, you're the man, just think some of the bashing of Tex was unwarranted.

There is truly very little difference in what the Senator said publicly and what many OSO'ers were saying when this thread got started.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I haven't seen proof of any wrong doing.........cept for the starboard side damage to the whaler, which would indicate that the 27ft boat had the right of way.

Its an accident..........involving two boats.........and in my book that means two drivers were at fault. Very bad situation, but don't hang the driver when you don't have any facts.
Thanks for the kudos but Texoma was making assumptions i.e.:

"27ft Boat had right of way"
"In my book that means 2 drivers were at fault"

Alot different from my point of view that NO ONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED except for those who were there. Soon, the police and the prosecutors office will know what happened after their investigation.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by T2x
Dave:

I applaud your efforts year in and year out. Sometimes you win and sometimes you don't but you never give up and that, bro, is worthy of all of our respect.

One other thing, you are definitely not "Murderous Scum", and I should know..........

Yours truly,

"Cantankerous Scum".....T2x

P.S....Please post the senator's e-mail address so that we might support your efforts en masse.

Thanks Rich!

My batting average would be equal to a hall of famer if this was baseball!

And don't you mean "Obsolete Cantankerous Scum"????

Thanks again to everyone's support. We need to stay the course of presenting the facts and the facts are that there are already enough laws on the books but they cannot be effectively enforced because there are not enough State Police on the water.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Registered

Senator Sarlo's email is: [email protected]

All of the other NJ State Senators are:

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],
Old 08-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Registered

Email sent! I usually don't get involved with stuff like this but sometimes you have to draw the line.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave, you are the man and have all my RESPECT! Thank You for everything. Augie "Godfather" Pensa, VP of OPA Racing and President of The Jersey Boyz.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Registered

Default IMP/Squadron pix

http://www.ameriserv.net/boat

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
All Seasons (ASI) made boats under the Imperial brand. They did a Squadron 27 splash in the 80's. That would be my guess on the boat they're describing.

I had one and sold it several years ago to some clown from that general vicinity- a concrete finisher. I'm curious if it's the same guy.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Registered

Default Colreg 72

Maybe its time to get some better night lights on our vessels, but the COLREG was written in 1972 and by law, you can't use anything "brighter" I wonder if a louder boat would have given them more warning"

What a sad story = my heart goes out the the family

Originally Posted by VtSteve
Tex, you've just defined what Rule 6 is meant to prevent. If you can't see ahead of you, slow the f$ck down.

"RULE 6
SAFE SPEED

Every vessel shall at all times proceed at a safe speed so that she can take proper and effective action to avoid collision and be stopped within a distance appropriate to the prevailing circumstances and conditions.

In determining a safe speed the following factors shall be among those taken into account:

(a) By all vessels:

1. The state of visibility;
2. The traffic density including concentrations of fishing vessels or any other vessels;
3. The manageability of the vessel with special reference to stopping distance and turning ability in the prevailing conditions;
4. At night, the presence of background light such as from shore lights or from back scatter from her own lights;
5. The state of wind, sea and current, and the proximity of navigational hazards;
6. The draft in relation to the available depth of water.

(b)Additionally, by vessels with operational radar:

1. The characteristics, efficiency and limitations of the radar equipment;
2. Any constraints imposed by the radar range scale in use;
3. The effect on radar detection of the sea state, weather and other sources of interference;
4. The possibility that small vessels, ice and other floating objects may not be detected by radar at an adequate range;
5. The number, location and movement of vessels detected by radar;
6. The more exact assessment of the visibility that may be possible when radar is used to determine the range of vessels or other objects in the vicinity. "
Old 08-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm with you Oreo on the lights. Sometimes even the stern lights are pretty hard to see, much less the red/green. How about LED's?

Quick Reply: Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.