Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ >

Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ

Notices

Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ

Old 08-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DaveP: Thank you for your efforts. Keep us all informed of where and when there are meetings. Hopefully a large amount of the boating public will be able to make it. Performance boaters are not the only ones that will be effected by this.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveP
Senator Sarlo is gearing up for a slam dunk on the speed limit.

He's in for the mother of all battles with me
Dave,

Any word on the specific location of the accident and whether it was in a NWZ? If it was, be a great counter argument.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 310 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Last I heard it is still unclear whether or not the boat in custody actually is the one that hit the whaler.

There is a possibility that another boat may have hit the Whaler 1st. The one in custody may have hit debris from the whaler afterwords ... Too many things unanswered at the moment.

The Asbury Park Press should be doing a follow up story soon ...
Imagine that...............
Old 08-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by VtSteve
Dave,

Any word on the specific location of the accident and whether it was in a NWZ? If it was, be a great counter argument.
We have not been able to confirm that. There has been alot of other speculation on other things.

We are just going to sit tight and wait for the investigation results.

I do know that they are having an issue determining if Digilio's boat was the first boat to hit the whaler.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:19 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts
I had another look at the boat today.

Early reports say whichever boat hit them went completely over the top of the Whaler.

After a great visual of the transom, I saw no apparent damage to any of the hardware. All trim tabs were intact with a slight difference in height of about 3/4 of an inch, Starboard tab completely up, port tab slightly down. Drive had the usually appearance of paint wear at the bottom of the skeg. Propellor no damage at all. From what I could see of the upper starboard outer strake towards the back of the boat, no damage.

In the bow area, from what I can see of the little damage there was, it was from the centerline and to the immediate starboard side. A rub of blue slightly noticeable as high as just a few inches below the bow eye and at the chine. At 1st I thought maybe it was bottom paint. I now feel (in my opinion) that mark may have come from the trailer stop. Centerline had what appeared to be minor etching or chipping in the gelcoat, similar to sliding the boat up on a trailer with too low of a tide. So far I have seen no damage at all to the port side.

Keep in mind my visuals have been about 1 to 2 blocks away. The boat has been inside mostly and today was the 1st day I had a chance to see it outside allowing limited sight to it.

I was just waiting to see the transom because I had heard some misinformation of a trim tab being torn off and prop damage. I found neither today.

I know it will take awhile, but I just hope that they find the right boat that caused this if this one did not...

Here is the latest story from the APP on Sunday:

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...=2008808240417

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 08-27-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:41 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Of course they still say it was a speed boat..... The problem is that our reputation still preceeds us and even if we find later that it was a sport fisher the damage to us is already done.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:45 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

From the picture of the whaler it looks like it was hit on the stbd side. I would think the port side of Diglio's boat would have some marks/scratches/stress fractures/paint on it and not a scuff on the stbd side???

I'm not trying to stick up for anyone here, I'm just thinking logically about this......
Old 08-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Registered

I spent the morning with NJN news on the water with a camera crew video taping our side (and the facts) of the story.

I took them to a no wake zone and they witnessed 1st hand the number of people who blow right by them breaking the law.

They couldn't believe it! The piece should be good.

It will be on today on channel 12 (NJN News) at 6:00pm, 7:30pm & 11pm.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:41 PM
Registered

Thanks Dave. I'd like to see it. My dad has a SlingBox I can tap into. I believe he gets Dish network tho, so not sure if he gets channel 12.

Scratch that. Looks like you can watch that channel live online during the bcast. Between 6 and 7:30pm goto http://www.njn.net/television/webcas...streaming.html

This link may be easier. You then choose your show (at the proper time). archives there too, if someone would like to see Dave after the fact. http://www.njn.net/television/webcast/
Old 08-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Good luck Dave...great report

Quick Reply: Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.