Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ >

Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ

Notices

Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ

Old 09-02-2008, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The kid with the black jet ski that has orange and silver decals needs to take his one trick repertoire to open water before he causes an accident in F-Cove.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:34 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by tripple digits
suc suc kiss kiss your nose is realy tan or that chit on there
GO F@@K YOYRSELF JACK@@F
Old 09-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jigsaw89
Keep up the great work, Dave P! Your efforts are appreciated.
It is great to see the State Police cracking down on stupidity on the water.

I was with the State Police tonight and their budget is EXTREMELY tight these days....they are not even sure if they can provide support for the offshore race this coming weekend?
Old 09-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i was out there in the F Cove for a bit on Monday afternoon bout 5ish and saw the staties grab a girl and a guy from a boat and leave with them on board 1 of the patrol boats
Old 09-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Registered

The NJ Boat Regulation Commission (BRC) is planned for Wednesday, September 10th at 10:00am. The meeting is being held at:

Martin Bloom Community Pavilion
101 South Huntington Ave
Margate, NJ 08402

For directions, visit www.mapquest.com

In response to the tragic boating accident that took place on August 3rd on the Metedeconk River there have been renewed calls for speed limits on all inland waterways. BRC Chairman, Roger Brown, has indicated that he plans to propose a speed limit at the next meeting of the BRC.

JOIN ME IN PRESENTING THE FACTS!!
Please make plans to attend this meeting!!

This was a terrible tragedy and the NJPPC extends its deepest sympathies to the families involved. However, the facts from this incident must be ascertained prior to considering any proposal with regard to speed or any other additional boating regulations. The investigation is still underway; no charges have been filed and the facts are still being gathered.

Therefore, it is presumptuous to assume that speed was a factor and that a speed limit may have in some way prevented this incident from occurring. The NJPPC is strongly in support of efforts to promote boating safety on the water, education and enhanced enforcement of the current boating laws.

Increased law enforcement is the answer - not speed limits!

Best Regards,
Dave Patnaude
President
NJ Performance Powerboat Club
Old 09-09-2008, 07:55 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Its now or never folks !!!

I knew it wouldn't take long before Save Barnegat Bay would restart their push for the 30 mph on all NJ Waterways all at times !

I personally cannot get to the meeting but I sent a care package with Dave P that will most likely open some eyes !

After the meeting I will let you all know just what it was that I sent......

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-09-2008, 10:26 PM
Registered

OK!!!!! We have completed the "TRUTH ABOUT BOATING ACCIDENTS AND WHY SPEED LIMITS ARE NOT THE ANSWER TO SAFER BOATING IN NJ!" 36 pages in length!

This is what I am presenting tomorrow morning to the NJ Boat Regulation Commission as well as printing hundreds of copies to share with every State Senator and Assemblyman to spread the FACTS not some half baked idea by an opportunist politician!

VISIT www.njppc.com and download your copy!

PS...Sharkey thanks for the pics!
Old 09-10-2008, 04:51 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dave very Impresive

Very well done

Best of luck today

Marc
Old 09-10-2008, 06:47 AM
Registered

Some good news. 2nd biggest paper in the state just published this editorial today:

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...6/1029/OPINION

A fatal nighttime boating accident in the Metedeconk River in Brick this summer is fueling the arguments of those who believe imposing a speed limit on boaters is needed to improve safety in and around Barnegat Bay. When members of the state Boat Regulation Commission meet today in Margate, they should do what they did the last time the subject was considered: Vote no.

New Jersey already has some of the strictest boating laws in the country. The problem isn't lack of rules; it's lack of enforcement. Adding more regulations that would serve only to further restrict responsible boaters in both the commercial and pleasure boating communities would be a mistake. The focus should be on improving boating education and finding ways to improve self-policing efforts.

In the wake of the tragic death of Robert Post of Essex Fells, whose 17-foot Boston whaler was struck by a speedboat at 1 a.m. Aug. 3, the environmental group Save Barnegat Bay has renewed its call for a speed limit of 30 or 35 mph in the bay. And state Sen. Paul A. Sario, D-Bergen, plans to introduce legislation calling for a nighttime speed limit as low as 10 mph in state waters.

Boaters who ignore existing boating safety laws aren't likely to act any more responsibly if speed limits are enacted. What's needed are increased resources for the state marine police, a commitment by law-abiding boaters to report those who disregard the laws and a renewed emphasis on boating education.

It makes no sense to impose restrictions on the many for the mistakes of the very few — especially when existing laws are not being adequately enforced.

Dave, it sounds as if some folks are starting to listen. Let's hope it's the right folks......great job. Keep giving them hell.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:02 AM
Registered

Excellent ! Good Luck today Dave !

Quick Reply: Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.