Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anthony Digilio, 29, of Brick.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:05 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Well it's pretty easy to figure out who is going to vote for Obama in this thread........... Some people just seem to want to defend the indefensible.

If the driver of the Imperial was 10, maybe you could chalk it up to youthful panic.......but he was /is 29.

If he was drunk , he would be facing serious time....... probably about the same as the manslaughter charge he will surely face now........... IF....they can prove he was actually in the boat. (female passenger/eyewitness???).

This is some mess....and God Bless the family in the Whaler....who are going through a kind of Hell that most of us cannot imagine. I pray that they get closure and that the individual(s) responsible does serious time.

Maybe something good will come out of this....but I cannot imagine what...?

T2x
Old 08-05-2008, 07:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Another very sad boating story, no matter who was at fault in this boating accident someone lost their life, other's were injured and families have been devastated. Can't understand how the boater didn't know he had hit someone or something, command sense would dictate that you would stop and see what you had just hit. Condolences and Prayers to the family of the deceased boater and for those who were injured and involved.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 85 Likes on 32 Posts

Another tragic, senseless, and totally preventable tragedy.
My prayers go to the family and friends of those hurt and killed.
How many times must we go through this before people start taking the responsibility that our type of boats command?

night = slow speed
bad weather = slow speed
traffic = slow speed
tight channel = slow speed
drunk = no boating

There are plenty of areas and time to open it up safely and enjoy the performance of the boat. We are not 16 year olds who "borrowed" the keys to dad's Corvette anymore.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

some of the comments on this thread are really really turing my stomach...i met anthing a few times and have a few friends that know him well...i would never have imagened him to do something like this...reguardless of how or why he did what he did...HE HAS TO PAY THE PIPER !!! THE END
Old 08-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 199 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
some of the comments on this thread are really really turing my stomach...i met anthing a few times and have a few friends that know him well...i would never have imagened him to do something like this...reguardless of how or why he did what he did...HE HAS TO PAY THE PIPER !!! THE END

I agree. I have spoken with Anthony several times in F-Cove. He appears/appeared to be someone who had his act together.

That being said, everyone makes stupid mistakes and decisions in life and it is how you deal with the consequences of same that show the real measure of a person. So far, not so good!
Old 08-05-2008, 09:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater

...despite having no clue as to what really happened.

...but don't hang the driver when you don't have any facts.
When the police are having an active, public search for an individual and are saying that he's wanted for a hit-and-run involving a fatality, I'd say there are at least a few discernable facts.

Plus, I don't think it's much of a stretch to assume that the driver knew he hit something- hard.

It seems like you take enjoyment positioning yourself on the opposite side of a clear issue, time and time again. You even attempt to explain the logic behind your reasoning and your positions, but rarely does it make any sense.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 313 Likes on 185 Posts

Ah yes, Sunkin.......I forgot.....you know everyfkthink in the universe. I don't think its much of a stretch to say that the whaler could have been just as much at fault as the IMP, fact is the starboard side was hit. You guys imply that the driver was drunk. Its a shock to me that no one has implyed the same of the whaler...... who goes out for a "leisurely drive" at 1:00 am. I don't know about you, but if I'm on a body of water at 1:00am, I hear that boat coming from a mile a way.......

DaveP - facts are there aren't any facts yet and the whaler could just have easily hit the IMP. I guess because the guy fled the scene that automatically proves guilt, despite the fact that maritime law states that you always get you and crew to safety first, and to avoid them looking for more people in the water.http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...cident+formula Does that make any sense Sunkin?
Old 08-05-2008, 10:23 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is he a member here?
Old 08-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i dont believe he is

Quick Reply: Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.