Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ >

Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ

Notices

Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ

Old 08-05-2008, 11:35 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

I don't defend the guy one bit and he'll have to pay...

I venture to guess that a fraction, if not zero, of us have committed vehicular manslaughter. So who the heck knows how any one of us would react when put in that situation.... After all, most of you supported Troutley..... Situations like these can make the most stand-up person do strange things, it's fight or flight reaction...unfortunately it looks like he choose the latter.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:59 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Ah yes, Sunkin.......I forgot.....you know everyfkthink in the universe. I don't think its much of a stretch to say that the whaler could have been just as much at fault as the IMP, fact is the starboard side was hit. You guys imply that the driver was drunk. Its a shock to me that no one has implyed the same of the whaler...... who goes out for a "leisurely drive" at 1:00 am. I don't know about you, but if I'm on a body of water at 1:00am, I hear that boat coming from a mile a way.......

DaveP - facts are there aren't any facts yet and the whaler could just have easily hit the IMP. I guess because the guy fled the scene that automatically proves guilt, despite the fact that maritime law states that you always get you and crew to safety first, and to avoid them looking for more people in the water.http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...cident+formula Does that make any sense Sunkin?
The logic of your response makes me think of other questions that I am sure you might want to investigate:

1. Was John Kennedy armed in Dallas and did he fire first?

2. Was there a CIA submarine patrolling the waters off Chappaquidick when his brother Ted did his famous Oldsmobile swan dive?

3. Did the World Trade Center hold "secrets" that the "Republicans" needed to have covered up?

4. Did O.J Simpson's wife kill a restaurant delivery boy and then turn the knife on herself?

5. Is the World Oil price controlled by a Slot Machine in Cheney's office?

6. Did "Big Pussee" shoot himself (9 times) and then jump overboard?

7. Is there life on Uranus?

8. Is there sex after marriage?

9. What's the difference between a strawberry?

I could go on but I am sure my computer is being monitored by the Gestapo in Argentina........

T2x
Old 08-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. Was John Kennedy armed in Dallas and did he fire first?
Yes, sirhan sirhan was on his way to work when John took a pot shot at him.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:42 PM
Banned

Texoma
The big difference between this accident and the formula accident is that the formula had a 10 foot hole in the side and when they got to the dock it sank so he was in immediate danger he aslo called for help.

That being said I do not think driving your boat to a slip parking it and driving home then turning yourself in two days later is hardly a comparison.

I could see that maybe he thought his boat was sinking or maybe him or his passenger was injured but I do not think it took him 2 days or more to figure out that his boat was not sinking and the injuries where not life threatening.

Unless he was hiding something he would have called authorities when he got to the dock.

I think defending him on the grounds we do not know the facts is BS we know the fact he left the scene and did not report the accident and only turned himself in when thought he would be found.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by db71
Texoma
The big difference between this accident and the formula accident is that the formula had a 10 foot hole in the side and when they got to the dock it sank so he was in immediate danger he aslo called for help.

That being said I do not think driving your boat to a slip parking it and driving home then turning yourself in two days later is hardly a comparison.

I could see that maybe he thought his boat was sinking or maybe him or his passenger was injured but I do not think it took him 2 days or more to figure out that his boat was not sinking and the injuries where not life threatening.

Unless he was hiding something he would have called authorities when he got to the dock.

I think defending him on the grounds we do not know the facts is BS we know the fact he left the scene and did not report the accident and only turned himself in when thought he would be found.

and who doesnt have a cell phone or a VHF in there boat with them these days
Old 08-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
and who doesnt have a cell phone or a VHF in there boat with them these days
In this case it's more like guilty until proven innocent but there's no sense in standing on the soap box.....

Last edited by Panther; 08-06-2008 at 04:02 PM. Reason: got rid of nonsense
Old 08-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

dude ya know what the problem is...i knew him and im disgusted by the whole thing...thinking i needa just back off a bit
Old 08-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=Shanghied Again;2644650]
Once again.... a bunch of people blasting another driver, despite having no clue as to what really happened. This guy could have turned around and not seen any other boats. His passenger could have been seriously injured and he rushed her to the hospital. He could of been knocked out during the wreck and the boat speed off on its own power.

A big formula cruiser did the same thing not too long ago, the only difference is he radio'd in after the wreck.

Its an accident..........involving two boats.........and in my book that means two drivers were at fault. Very bad situation, but don't hang the driver when you don't have any facts.[/QOTE]

I have to clue in. Yes it was an accident up until the point of him running, I have inside information about the accident and the piece of **** should hang period. This family in the Whaler is going though hell, the poor guy that was driving got hit so hard his head was off his body from shoulders up. The 27 ft boat went airborn though the side over the console slammed the guy head on went back in the water shut his lights and ran like a bat out of hell, hid his boat until he sobered up then called his Lawyer and left 5 people on a boat to die. This is no accident when someone can be that cold hearted. Drunk or not I would have been in the water helping, Oh wait I don't operate my boat drunk, I care to much about my life and other people to be that dum. My Prayers to the family that are suffering and a big thank you to the ass hole that just made us
responsible Performance boaters look like the bad guys again. Thats all I heard today about fast boat people are hooligans are quitos with gold chains that don't give a **** about anyone else.
That's what's happened all around the country Frank unfortunately. If it gets any worse, much of the boating lifestyle will be lost forever to idiots, or worse, people that have these accidents sober.

Maybe it will turn out this is nothing like what most assume, but I doubt it. Same old MO.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ah yes, Sunkin.......I forgot.....you know everyfkthink in the universe.
It's really not necessary to acknowledge my vast intellectual advantage over you- it's readily apparent.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188970&highlight=accident+formula[/url] Does that make any sense Sunkin?
For some unknown reason, the operator of the Formula didn't need to surrender to the authorities via his attorney's assistance several days later.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Registered

my thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends. hope all is taken care of as need be. Was talking to a few people today about hitting something while boating and everyone said they would obviously stop , still boggles my mind how you wouldnt stop to attempt to see what you hit. I know if i was doin 20 or 60 mph and heard a bang id be like WTF.

Quick Reply: Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.