Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDadys93x
Cat outboard.
Just dont get upset when i pass you. HAHA LOL
Old 08-27-2008, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Daredevil, if you are out there and having fun racing another boat or just running by yourself that is fine and good for you because offshore boat racing is about you and no one else because you foot the bill and make zero money at it.

Offshore boat racing is just a club of people having fun and not a pro level sport. Ya know it is what it is as the saying goes and people have tried to change it for years and failed. So go out there party it up, bring the family, run around the course, hopefully you class has some boat to race with and don't get hurt and have at it and have a blast!
Old 08-28-2008, 06:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MANITIE
A Doug Wright or a Skater
Neither! and im not saying just yet.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
Maybe a MTI or Mystic
I tell you what if Mystic built a 28'-32' cat set up for outboards Id be the first one in line for one but I just dont think thats going to happen.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Registered

Big Daddy...will you at least tell us will you be running in Stock O/B or P-Class...I would think if your building a new one...it would be for stock class....and if so...I'm suprised its not a Doug Wright...he has the faster Stock O/B boats out there....a proven winner...
Old 08-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Since this thread have gone about ten differnt directions I guess I will voice my opinion. There really is a lot of good here. We all want to race.

I think alot of people are afraid that TX2 is right. Can't denied he's seen it before.

Maybe I will start on braging on myself, since everyone likes to talk about how great they are.

I have had a dream since I was a 10 years old, and discovered Offshore racing care of Espn in the mid eighties. You know the last of the Glory Years, the reason most all of us want to race. I thought I was the first kid at 10 to have a subcription to Powerboat, and Hotboat, not my parents mine. Motorboating at the school library was not cutting it. I grew up around boats, read everything I could get my hands on about boats, my favorite driving boats. So many have already said it takes more than one boat race well your wrong. I dream/raced my 9.9 flatbottom fishing boat around the no wake bouys for hours. no one ever beat me. I was World Chaampoin in my head. Some day I am going to do this for real.

SO TO ALL YOU F#$^@ING IDIOTS OUT THERE QUIT WREAKING MY DREAM.

I am kinda lucky this is my first year of racing boat so I don't really know what happened in the past. Why OSS really started, Why the Supercats broke off, Why SBI has gone to nothing. Why did OPA start. I know some, but not really details and that is Probably a good thing.

Does anyone really think the economy is the problem? I don't

Like I said I'm a new guy. I wanted to race. I looked at all the Orgs to decide where I wanted to race. The only race I had ever been to was the Worlds at Destin with OSS, OPA, and Popra. I liked it. It wasn't Key West, but i had not been there so I don't really know.

I see SBI most of races are in Florida. I would have to think there are more race boats in Florida than maybe all states combined. There must be a problem there. what is it? FIX it Org of SBI they have never done ME wrong. first well the races are a ways for me living in Missouri, low boat count, high fees, low payout.

Popra got that RUM RUN race looks like fun maybe someday, but its in Californa.

Opa got 2 close races, low fees, prize money, good boat count. speedlimit racing

OSS high fees, must have a canopy, good payout, spec no entry fee in SVL Races most races are a 12 hour drive for me.
ok

So OSS fit my needs the best.

So I sell my trade my old super stock boat, and don't ask OSS to allow it cause it has no canopy. read the rule book. and decide SVL is somewhat affordable and the best racing I can be involved in. remember the dream.

So I did my part. I got off the couch. I bought a boat, tested my A$$ off. and I'm boat racing. I don't think anyone has ever really heard me ***** about anything. Till Now.

Quick Reply: National Champion ...legit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.