Notices

Best rough water boat ever built?????

Old 08-12-2008, 03:58 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Viperfitness1
listen up sparky!!! i wasn't referring to you.... if anything i would have agreed with you. it just seems these threads get so.... "my dad can beat your dad up" crap that its even worth reading. i was wanting to hear some story's from drivers that have driven the boats to compare them to.

stop being so insecure... im sure you have driven some big boats buddy... but if i wanted to insult you i would have singled you out out done it. i dont beat around the bush

This thread was on point regarding rough water hulls and some very good points were made.

It obviously needs to be broken down into cats and vees, pleasure boats and race hulls.

Now if you want experience to be a key for replying, let's limit it to people with 20 years or more.

Eh..."Sparky"?

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 08-12-2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 169 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ChiefApache89
Let me ask you this, just for my own info.

What is the biggest water you personally have had your Apache in since owning it? Just curious.
well... i got see some pretty nasty stuff this year. went to texoma every chance i got, i even have a service to watch the wind conditions and alert me when they forcasted anything over a steady 25.. with he right winds and wind direction its not uncommon to see steady 4-5 footers on most of the lake.

got into some really bad stuff on the fourth when a storm and a bunch of fleeing cruisers made some 6'ers. it was funny cause the lake patrol even followed us and came to the boat after because the had never seen a boat hit those kind of wave and keep going...they just knew we were going to lose it at any point. we tried to get them to video tape us but they said they couldnt.

the problem with these lakes is you only get a mile or two of bad conditions before you have to shut it down and start over.

how about you what did you guys get into this year

Last edited by Viperfitness1; 08-12-2008 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by T2x
This thread was on point regarding rough water hulls and some very good points were made.

It obviously needs to be broken down into cats and vees, pleasure boats and race hulls.

Now if you want experience to be a key for replying, let's limit it to people with 20 years or more.

Eh..."Sparky"?

T2x
you are missing the point my young friend... are you reading my post or are you like my ex wife and just hearing what you want to hear???

what points were made!

all there were is a bunch of people rattling off names of big boats, hell half the posts were jokes being made! i wanted to see if people would come up with experiences they had to compare to. stop trying to argue online and tell us what makes you come up with your conclusions. damn son!
Old 08-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not this one!

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=nvtwo2...eature=related
Old 08-12-2008, 04:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Depends on how big the water!

Go fast boats its the Donzi ZR with flexi drives. Check out the OSG Donzi at the Donzi Homepage.
http://www.donzimarine.com

Also for just plain crazy big water its the Interceptor 42 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dctb7onfpYE

Last edited by 29Firefox; 08-12-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by KiloKat
I think the 50' Mystic would be a contender for sure. I know a 46' Skater handles the rough quite well and the Mystic will stroll right past a 46.
Now thats interesting!
Old 08-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Registered

you are missing the point my young friend... are you reading my post or are you like my ex wife and just hearing what you want to hear???

what points were made!

all there were is a bunch of people rattling off names of big boats, hell half the posts were jokes being made! i wanted to see if people would come up with experiences they had to compare to. stop trying to argue online and tell us what makes you come up with your conclusions. damn son!
We came back a few weeks ago leaving in 3 to 5's and in 5 to 6's with a few 7's when we got closer to home. Very intense. We had that going there and coming back.

When we were out with LEOPAJM we were in 6-8's and it was whipping.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Banned

check out where it says tidel wave hits quen marie, there is a chriscraft stinger in thatone. Thats a ruff water boat.

Kind of like mine. LOL
Attached Thumbnails Best rough water boat ever built?????-lauderdale-2.jpg  

Last edited by DareDevil; 08-12-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ChiefApache89
We came back a few weeks ago leaving in 3 to 5's and in 5 to 6's with a few 7's when we got closer to home. Very intense. We had that going there and coming back.

When we were out with LEOPAJM we were in 6-8's and it was whipping.
wow i bet that was a blast!?!

Last edited by Viperfitness1; 08-12-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well... i got see some pretty nasty stuff this year. went to texoma every chance i got, i even have a service to watch the wind conditions and alert me when they forcasted anything over a steady 25.. with he right winds and wind direction its not uncommon to see steady 4-5 footers on most of the lake.

got into some really bad stuff on the fourth when a storm and a bunch of fleeing cruisers made some 6'ers. it was funny cause the lake patrol even followed us and came to the boat after because the had never seen a boat hit those kind of wave and keep going...they just knew we were going to lose it at any point. we tried to get them to video tape us but they said they couldnt.

the problem with these lakes is you only get a mile or two of bad conditions before you have to shut it down and start over.

how about you what did you guys get into this year
4 to 5 footers with 6 footers? Only single digits? You should try commercial fishing!

BTW Are you related to Jim Dar?

Last edited by 29Firefox; 08-13-2008 at 10:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Best rough water boat ever built?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.