Best rough water boat ever built????? >

Best rough water boat ever built?????

Notices

Best rough water boat ever built?????

Old 08-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
Probably not a fair statement since no 24' cat is better than a 24 Skater in rough water...and no 21' vee is better in the rough stuff than a Challenger/Shadow from which the 21 Superboat was taken.

It's a question of best handling for a specific size. I remember when Fabio Buzzi brought a bunch of his 24 foot cats over to Key West for the World's in '83 or so....They looked great in the harbor, but I think every one of them flipped at the Sand Key turn.

T2x
I know it's not fair. But I still had to race them in rough water. For their size they did great. I never said they weren't fun in rough water.

I was just watching a video of a Barnegat race in the 21' Superboat, and you were commenting how fast we were going. Then a much bigger cat came flying by us out of nowhere. They looked like they were out for a Sunday drive, and we were hanging on for dear life. They really need to bring back "A" class. It wasn't the fastest, but it was economical and fun. Ahhhhhh, memories.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
Warpath and Apache.....were running about 750 HP/engine back in the day.

T2x

That's what I thought was funny in Ben's interview about the boat. They claim it runs 120........at 3:26 on this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_6vdTEChas
Old 08-15-2008, 01:55 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
That's what I thought was funny in Ben's interview about the boat. They claim it runs 120........at 3:26 on this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_6vdTEChas
That was a just a teensy weensy bit exagerated.....

T2x
Old 08-15-2008, 09:41 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Keytime
How much hp were Warpath and Apache laying down in these vids? I love watching those.

I am amazed that they were able to keep the motors together as it seemed like they spent as much time movin air as they did moving water
Old 08-16-2008, 06:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Textron Marine 47 Motor Life Boat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMxZS...eature=related
Old 08-16-2008, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CAP071
Used to live in Oregon. Loved going down to the Columbia river bar and watch the USCG boats out of Illwaco, WA do those training runs in the bar surf. I'm sure some of those on the vid were from there.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Viperfitness1
my canoe is amazing in rough water!

talking with mr. mcmanus today, i think im going to send it to him for the #6 conversion... just hate losing it for the rest of the year
I like the "face lift" you did to your boat---don't even recognize it anymore accept for those cool looking seats. I remember stopping by Wesseldyk's shop during the winter of 06/07 while the engines were being built for the Apache you now own. Sounds like they're running well for you.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 169 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by KAAMA
I like the "face lift" you did to your boat---don't even recognize it anymore accept for those cool looking seats. I remember stopping by Wesseldyk's shop during the winter of 06/07 while the engines were being built for the Apache you now own. Sounds like they're running well for you.
thanks! ya that old paint scheme had to go! the motors performed extremely well all year without any problems at all. i was really impressed. i spoke to dave the other day about getting some more hp put to them this winter.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:05 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Viperfitness1
listen up sparky!!!
He called Rich "Sparky". T2Sparky. How cool is that?
Old 08-16-2008, 05:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bob
I am amazed that they were able to keep the motors together as it seemed like they spent as much time movin air as they did moving water
It's exceptionally easy when you never make a mistake on the sticks.

Quick Reply: Best rough water boat ever built?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.