Best rough water boat ever built????? >

Best rough water boat ever built?????

Notices

Best rough water boat ever built?????

Old 08-29-2008, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 3,414 Likes on 1,104 Posts

And the cigs...
Attached Thumbnails Best rough water boat ever built?????-evolution2.jpg   Best rough water boat ever built?????-kb-air.jpg   Best rough water boat ever built?????-tiger.jpg  

Old 08-30-2008, 02:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are so funny.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wait till the AT 43 shows up!
Old 08-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Registered

Eliminator also has their new 43 based on a proven Larry Smith hull that looks like a big time runner....
Old 08-31-2008, 05:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It´s true everytime someone mentions rough water the names Cigarette and Apache comes up...but...

Who Forgot Larry Smith and Betty Cook ?

Larry was years ahead of both of them regarding boat lamination and construction.
Proof is that the LS Scarabs were a lot lighter and just as sturdy compared to the Aronows resin buckets.
Guess it had to do with the fact that Larry had assets to those materials and info Dennis Conner had too.
So my vote has to go to a LS 46....regarding racing pedigree it would be a LS 38.

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 08-31-2008 at 05:29 AM.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:41 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IMO -vote goes to: ...
Attached Thumbnails Best rough water boat ever built?????-zrc_2008_8.jpg   Best rough water boat ever built?????-zrc_2008.jpg   Best rough water boat ever built?????-zrc_2008_6.jpg  

Old 08-31-2008, 05:43 AM
Registered

But what do I know anyway...
Attached Thumbnails Best rough water boat ever built?????-zrc_2008_7.jpg  
Old 08-31-2008, 08:52 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Listen to these Lambo's...........Sounds like a Stihl chainsaw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwxor...eature=related
Old 08-31-2008, 09:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
ha ha ha hey the old baja 36 came from a cig mold that was sold to baja. I have been in a 38s resin bucket slow boat the cougar 38/ outerlimits 37/ 39 out ride them by a long shot, I'd take an old 89 cougar over a 89 resin bucket cig. [ ps loved it in the 90s when I was on cape cod and over a summer or two ran a few 38s with stock and one that was close to me at 600hp aside I would kill them in the chop and when we headed for open water running a lil rougher I would stay a 100 ft in front of them getting lots of air but in front back then it was great. NOW WITH THE NEWER BOATS AND STEPS its harder but theres always a faster boat around the cornor

The 36' Baja hull was designed by Force 10 Marine in St. Petersburg FL and sold to Baja. We have 2 '36 Force 10s in our area.. Good rough water boat... But not a Cig..
Old 08-31-2008, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't think there can be a true "BEST" winner. To many variables, speed, power, age. etc. It appears we all have our own preferences and experiences. We all owe one type of boat or another for our own reason. Like Barb. (ChiefApache89) said.
If it flows... I like it. Just this weekend in the Sarasoata run we had Cigs. Bajas, Donzis, Nortechs, a Formula, an older Corsa, Fountains a few cats, (and some others) First leg of the run was great everyone going balI's out for a while untill we hit some rain and near the bay inlet some sereious seas. (drivers were saying 6-8's,) In generall, and speciffically from this event.. two things are for sure. Size matters and driving skills.
There were boats/drivers that could not keep up.. or decided not to... smart and safe deceision by some. May be just not enough balls.. or not wanting to take risk, braking something or having some one hurt. All are good reasons. Some of the "bigger" boats were doing better in the big seas. The cats alway cought up once the waters were "flatter".
All I can say, that my Avanti surpassed my expectation. I bought it for my own reasons, (not that I couldn't get an Apache or Cig, Donzi. or whatever.) My lady handeld awsome. I jumped on it a bit when the chopper was filming. (I guess 5'-6's+, not sure.. lol.. to busy driving) Nice landings, skipping on top of the waves, cutting through some. I was pleased.
I do think there need to be a better classification on this overall "best rough boat thing"... but I put the 33 Avanti against any other 30'-35' with similar power.
But.... I think the Apaches and the Cigs. are probobly the "classiest" rough water boats of all times.
Every boat is a compromise... to a degree.. and I am sure we are all happy with our own.
I am.

Last edited by PARADOX; 08-31-2008 at 07:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Best rough water boat ever built?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.