Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best rough water boat ever built????? >

Best rough water boat ever built?????

Notices

Best rough water boat ever built?????

Old 09-01-2008, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the avanti doesn't just handle the big water it does it with good rigid performance my first time in one i was suprised how old this rig was and this guy is beating the snot out of it in 6 footers and there was no cracking around the wind screen area and in the normal areas that most do. I wouldn't take it away from cig never rode in one and apach. is a hell of a boat if you can find one. hey paradox did you sell the infinity
Old 09-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rob 221 lib man
the avanti doesn't just handle the big water it does it with good rigid performance my first time in one i was suprised how old this rig was and this guy is beating the snot out of it in 6 footers and there was no cracking around the wind screen area and in the normal areas that most do. I wouldn't take it away from cig never rode in one and apach. is a hell of a boat if you can find one. hey paradox did you sell the infinity
I still got the Infinity. Didn't have the chance to paint it. All sanded down and ready, just don't have anyone around here to do a good job at a reasonable price. So it's sits. As soon as I have it repainted it will go on the market.
The Avanti is a new hull with new motors. It got finished in May. 08. There is an 04 (?) Avanti in Ft Myers somewhere. It's red, good price. I got this 33' Avanti for the ride due to my back, and for being unique. Not many around but actually built really well. My back can't really handle rough landings. and I am pleased.
I did got screwed some $'s by the builder (The prev. owner of Avanti boats) but what the heII.. Ces't la vie..
It's not a Cig. OL, Nortech.. or an Apache, but not 1/2 Mill either.
Just love the 525's and the ITS/Sport Master drives.
Working to hit 90 and I think she has it in her.
So.. What is the best rough water boat for the best $ ???
Old 09-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BLee
I've had a 311 Formula, 28 Cigarette, a straight bottom 38 Top Gun, and a Twin Step 38 Top Gun.

My current boat, a 368 Skater, will destroy any of them in any water conditions.
Too true BLee, my freind, but none of them had 1050's and 6's either. No bravo boat should even be on this list NK
Old 09-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Well, I've been out in 8-10's on Lake Michigan in December on a certain Saber and had a BLAST!!! Snowmobile helmet not withstanding!! So that gets my vote!!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:27 AM
Registered

Well the best boats in rough water per foot is an easy pick. I also bet my life on it many times. Most races today are calm and inshore roundy rounds where you don't even need a GPS. Correct me if I am wrong please. You just need not get dizzy. Turns are good if you can turn hard just this side of a hook.

It is a Skater by a long shot. I have seen plenty of rough water in one and seen them also go passed me when bigger. I have been in Skaters, thrown out of Skaters. gunnel rides in Skaters and been 6' feet under water in one for 150 feet until it broke the surface. I have also been airborne like a plane 20 feet in the air, looked straight toward the sky from them at 90*, turned them on a dime, and also most hit a helicopter with one. I just can't remember if R.L. was in the chopper. Hello R.L.

I really don't think many here have really pushed a boat in rough water. I only regret I have no videos from inside boat to share.

I also know I should never have looked at this site as race boats make my blood boil. There is nothing like offshore racing. I joined a while back but have stayed off here until the accident I witnessed last week. I was searching for info on the tragedy which has happen to often before.

It is just an addiction worse than drugs. I have moved to play with cars but there is no equal. The rougher the race the better. I'd rather be in a 6' race at 70-80 mph than a calm flat race at 140.

So if it's not a Skater it's just, well.....

flame suit on
Old 09-02-2008, 05:11 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Old World Champ
So if it's not a Skater it's just, well.....

flame suit on
This should get interesting.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ratickle
This should get interesting.

how many cats out there are just pops and redo's of a Skater?

Last edited by Old World Champ; 09-02-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Old World Champ
It is a Skater by a long shot. I have seen plenty of rough water in one and seen them also go passed me when bigger. I have been in Skaters, thrown out of Skaters. gunnel rides in Skaters and been 6' feet under water in one for 150 feet until it broke the surface. I have also been airborne like a plane 20 feet in the air, looked straight toward the sky from them at 90*, turned them on a dime, and also most hit a helicopter with one. I just can't remember if R.L. was in the chopper. Hello R.L.

:
Dude, is this your best effort at showing how good skater is in big water? Nk
Old 09-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
Dude, is this your best effort at showing how good skater is in big water? Nk
no how about some World Championships

I have been in a lot of Skaters with a lot of people including my own.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Old World

Who are you?

Which Skater did you race.

Why is your Public Profile blank?

Quick Reply: Best rough water boat ever built?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.