Notices

Best rough water boat ever built?????

Old 08-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
Who are you referring to?

T2x
Probably guys like me? I was sure the 39 Scorpion would be better in the rough than the 43 BT, but was wrong. Check with Steve David about the rough water capacity of the 43 BT's if you don't believe me. How would the new 50+ Vee's, (Nortech, etc.) do against an Apache in the 7 to 8's crossing to Bimini etc? I would think just fine, but am not sure. Gino's MTI cat did fine this year.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about the 46 skater, they did very well in kw in 94/95 when I was there and the 46 I have been on lately seems to cut through anything or float across at high speeds, for in the 30s the AT 33 rides very nice in snooty water/rough water. upper 30s I like the ride of the ol 37, better than the 35 cafe racer and 38 tgs that I have been in. 30ft under 30ft spectra cat rode nice in wells off of block island and in the snotty bays.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK, goddammit, the 46' aluminum triple Cougar
Old 08-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 169 Likes on 21 Posts

jassman.. that was funny

everyone else... you guys are trying to compare way to many things here with way to many variables without experience...

most of these boats people are naming are all great boats in rough water....

my point is unless you have the balls to buy one and run it in rough water then you just dont know what you are talking about...

with that being said i don't know any of you and don't know your experience so im not singling anyone out, i would just like to hear how you come to the conclusion that one boat is better than the other.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Viperfitness1
I THINK.... we should limit threads like this for people who own or have owned one of the boats they talk about. that way we dont have all these "computer powerboating cowboys" chiming in on something they have no idea about... can anyone guess which boat im rooting for?????

starts with and A.....
A canue ?! LOL

Hi Andy how are you?
Old 08-12-2008, 01:56 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I THINK.... we should limit threads like this for people who own or have owned one of the boats they talk about. that way we dont have all these "computer powerboating cowboys" chiming in on something they have no idea about... can anyone guess which boat im rooting for?????
starts with and A.....
I kinda partial to 38 Top Gun TS and Donzi 38 ZR.
The TG is the best riding boat I have owned and I have ridden the Donzi. The Donzi & TG seem to ride about the same.

Sydwayz -

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 08-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

hey scott

how did you know!!! my canoe is amazing in rough water!

talking with mr. mcmanus today, i think im going to send it to him for the #6 conversion... just hate losing it for the rest of the year

hows business?
Old 08-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Registered

my point is unless you have the balls to buy one and run it in rough water then you just dont know what you are talking about.
You know it Viper! We are just learning this ourselves. Anyone have any idea what it's like to own a 31' boat and then jump up to a 41' Apache and run it in rough water? We were lucky to do 2800 RPM in rough water with our Stinger.

We're forced to do at least 70+MPH in rough water so we're not getting the crap beat out of us or the boat. That's instense when you're not use to driving/riding in rough water. I can't wait until the day Rob can stick the throttles forward and keep them there (throttling of course when needed---there's a whole other thread you can start and discuss because not everyone can throttle well), and look forward when the two of us have more fun with our ride instead of the intentisy we are experiencing today, and rightfully so.

Rob has a lot to learn in how to drive the our 41 in rough water, and he's not going to do that in one season. It depends on the waves and then there's dealing with Lake Erie. Ask Bobby Saccenti what he thinks of driving on Lake Erie. It ain't pretty! I can't wait to see what he does next season after having a full season under his belt. What he's learned just this season is amazing.

How well a boat does in rough water will depend on the driver. Skramer can kick a$$ in rough water in his 35 Cafe. LEOPAJM gave us a ride in his 41 Saber a month ago in 6+ footers. Talk about intense, but exhiliarting. I wasn't sure if I wanted to laugh or cry at times. He's awesome at driving and that Saber is unbelieveable in rough water! It was a ride I will never forget!

Again, both guys know how to drive a boat in rough water. If you don't it takes balls to get out in the rough stuff, put the throttles forward when your legs feel like jell-o and your hearts racing a million miles an hour. In the end and once you learn how to drive, it will be worth all the shaky legs and heart racing.

Last edited by Queenie; 08-12-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Banned

Business is slow like everywhere, especialy if you send your baby to MC MANUS and not to me.

Found 2 nice ones for ya. PM me or call me
Scott
Old 08-12-2008, 02:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BillR
I kinda partial to 38 Top Gun TS and Donzi 38 ZR.
The TG is the best riding boat I have owned and I have ridden the Donzi. The Donzi & TG seem to ride about the same.

Sydwayz -
exactly!!! now what kind of water have you run that tg in? thats what i like hearing about... how fast in what kind of condtions? ect...

Quick Reply: Best rough water boat ever built?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.