30' Shadow/Chris Cat - ??? >

30' Shadow/Chris Cat - ???

Notices

30' Shadow/Chris Cat - ???

Old 08-30-2008, 06:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30' Shadow/Chris Cat - ???

Another thread is trying to determine the best rough water boat ever. I think the question should be - considering wave height, and power to length ratio, what boat runs BEST (for its size) in the rough stuff?

I think the Shadow and/or Chris Cat may have been the best all around offshore hull.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:07 PM
aex
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

They were both good boats for sure and gave the big vees an ass whooping even in the rough .
Old 08-31-2008, 08:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I sold Chris Cats, and also raced one in Pro-Stock class for years. The way that boat would run in the rough stuff for being only a 30 footer was truly amazing. I would like to get my hands on one again someday.

Tom Caruso
Total Marine
Old 09-01-2008, 10:42 AM
aex
Registered

Tom , I remember your boat , always the cleanest and a good runner .
FYI , my old Chris is currently undergoing a major redo . She will be completed for the 09 season .
I'm considering running it in a race or two if rules permit , and will be posting more photos of progress on my resto thread this week .
Jim
Old 09-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Registered

Talking

Hey guys I was watching an old episode of Miami Vice last night "The Great Mcarthy" and they had a little Miami to Bimini race. One of the boats was either a shadow cat or a cougar. It was white with three shades of blue-royal, light, and baby blue and the name of the boat was "bandit" Anyone remember this boat? Very cool episode with some trick old school rides!
Old 09-01-2008, 02:09 PM
aex
Registered

Originally Posted by SKATERKAT
Hey guys I was watching an old episode of Miami Vice last night "The Great Mcarthy" and they had a little Miami to Bimini race. One of the boats was either a shadow cat or a cougar. It was white with three shades of blue-royal, light, and baby blue and the name of the boat was "bandit" Anyone remember this boat? Very cool episode with some trick old school rides!
All the Bandits I remember were and are from Kurt's Marine , Kurt Berger in Brick , NJ . I don't remember that one .
You never know though .
Old 09-01-2008, 02:19 PM
Registered

Huh. So what make is the hull? Its definetly hard to tell in the show. Is pulled for a shadow or Chris? or is it completly different? Just curious.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SKATERKAT
thats a shadow cat and was originally fish peddler if I recall ....I guess I am going to have to dig into those old freeze frame videos to make sure.....
Old 09-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Registered

Heres the vid of it that I found on you tube. Pretty cool vid. Check out the other rides and see if you guys recognize any of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILGy41Qb90U
Old 09-01-2008, 03:19 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

The Bandit in Miami Vice was a triple outboard 32 Cougar Cat...

Quick Reply: 30' Shadow/Chris Cat - ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.