Notices

Internet Brands - You are losing us

Old 09-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 09-12-2008, 10:06 AM
Banned

I have only noticed the google ads, and they don't bother me at all, everything else seems the same - i would consider what PhantomChaos said.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am running Firefox and have no problems.

HOLY $HIT

This thread brought something to my attention. I tested the offshoreonly.com website with Internet Explore and I can see what you guys are saying, it is painful. For anyone that is having problems download Firefox internet some.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
Old 09-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Registered

Since they ditched the ad's that were appearing before every page loaded, it's been much better.

If a page is slow to load (which lately hasn't happened very much to me) I'll just hit STOP and REFRESH and then the page loads right up. I've never had any trouble with the "go to last post" feature. I use Firefox for my browser and a Verizon wireless broadband internet stick, since I'm always on the road. My connection speed will vary from place to place, but most sites are consistent based on the connection speed. OSO included.

I renewed my Platinum membership back in June and I intend to renew next June. This is usually the first and last site I visit each day and I have yet to find another site (boating related or otherwise) where I can communicate with a large group of intelligent people. Maybe over time some of us have gotten a little spoiled with being here.

There might be other sites that move faster or do this or that, but when it comes to quality of info, I'll stick with OSO.

I'm HayJay and I approve this messege.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pkspx

HOLY $HIT

This thread brought something to my attention. I tested the offshoreonly.com website with Internet Explore and I can see what you guys are saying, it is painful. For anyone that is having problems download Firefox internet some.

DAmn, just did the same, and it makes a BIG difference. IF anyone switches to Firefox, you'll see a big improvement. Firefox has a lot of customizable add ins, one of which is called AdBlock Plus. That's the one that filters out the ads. I also have a nice weather toolbar in the bottom of my browser. I can even control Itunes from the browser with an ad on that places little buttons on the bottom.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by McGary911
DAmn, just did the same, and it makes a BIG difference. IF anyone switches to Firefox, you'll see a big improvement. Firefox has a lot of customizable add ins, one of which is called AdBlock Plus. That's the one that filters out the ads. I also have a nice weather toolbar in the bottom of my browser. I can even control Itunes from the browser with an ad on that places little buttons on the bottom.
I have IE but I never use it. Firefox is the best. No problems with Firefox.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:41 AM
Registered

Try this too...........

http://www.google.com/chrome
Old 09-12-2008, 10:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you imagine Dell or Amazon or Ebay posting the following message?

If you wish to do business with us, please download the XXXXX browser. The world's most common one- the one that works perfectly well on everyone else's website, doesn't work here.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Registered

HOLY $HIT

Much abliged.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:46 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 294 Likes on 101 Posts

HOLY $HIT

I use Firefox on my laptop at the shop and it isnt to bad but IE at
home sux.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Quick Reply: Internet Brands - You are losing us

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.