Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Which Four Winns Liberator model is the best? >

Which Four Winns Liberator model is the best?

Notices

Which Four Winns Liberator model is the best?

Old 09-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend of mine has the (I think) 261 Liberator and he's really happy with it from what I know. Birdog would probably know better than I do what model Frank has. I think he had the 241 first and sold it for the 261. He's been fairly happy with both boats as far as I know. Anyway, he repainted it and I think it looks really nice. Here's a link to the paint pics.

http://www.islandpirates.net/forum/showthread.php?t=851
Old 09-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I have 3 friends with 221s and one with a 201. Two have 454s and two have 502s. They all have real King Cobra drives and only one has had a monor problem that we THINK is the cone clutch. Great boats and as others have said go for the size that will suit your needs.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Registered

with a stock 460 the 241 is pretty slow. i do like the 26 with the twins, they seem like nice heavy wave crushers.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY
If you do not invite me for one of these runs next summer I WILL be disappointed...this sounds fun
I can invite you, but the runs are always just improptu. If the water is decent I'll be running out on the big lake and see some other boats and we will start to run with each other. It is a lot of fun. On Labor Day, the big lake was filled with boats, but most of them were anchored. Not too many were running because it was a little rough. I was running up a couple of miles and then back down a couple of miles. I was giving the other boaters a show. They got to see my boat get air a few times.

The 28 Scorpion and several 22 Classics are usually around.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:41 AM
Registered

If anyone has a lib anywhere around the grand haven area and would like to show me some pointers on what to look for i would appreciate it. I ahve see some nice ones for under 7 K
Old 09-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 201liberator
I can invite you, but the runs are always just improptu. If the water is decent I'll be running out on the big lake and see some other boats and we will start to run with each other. It is a lot of fun. On Labor Day, the big lake was filled with boats, but most of them were anchored. Not too many were running because it was a little rough. I was running up a couple of miles and then back down a couple of miles. I was giving the other boaters a show. They got to see my boat get air a few times.

The 28 Scorpion and several 22 Classics are usually around.
I do not like to get air
Old 09-29-2008, 11:06 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY
I do not like to get air
That's a good one Chad. You have enough hours flying on St. Clair to get your pilot's license.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Registered

Default 201 liberator Help!

201Liberator can you im me or email me I would like to know about your swap to the bravo drive.
I would like help with my 1990 201 Liberator. I am not happy with the top end (45 mph) and the hole shot. I am currently runnning a 14.5x19 SS Mirage. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Registered

Default 261 liberator

buddy of mine had one with twin 460s, was alot of fun in big water only thing we didnt like about it was it went through quite a few cobra drives. they werent the king cobras so we got to know the guts of them pretty good was a great boat the 460s took all the beatings we could give it!! awesome rough water boat. think it topped out at 65mph
Old 05-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my 211 liberator is still running around Grand Haven
has RAMBUNCTIOUS across the transom in 12" high letters!!!
still on there since I owned it 12 years ago

that was the biggest 21 foot boat I was ever in. took lake michigan waves awesome for a 21 foot boat. plenty of boat for most days on teh big lake. we were even runniing in 10 footers when they cancelled the last offshroe races in grand haven. we were suppose to be a patrol boat.
too rough for the big boys but we survived.

to make them work in lake michigan well, you want bennett tabs.

never found a single stress mark on that boat
ran 53 with a 260hp small block alpha and thruhulls

Ramb

Quick Reply: Which Four Winns Liberator model is the best?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.