Notices

What is the safest check?

Old 01-11-2009, 11:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last time I used a check, I scanned the check and emailed it to the seller a fews days before so that his bank could get the check confirmed and make sure the cash was in hold on the check.

I have either recieved, or given cash in all the other transactions that didn't include a bank.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Plum_Crazy
Wire transfer is safe and fast. You can verify the funds are in your account before he takes possession of the boat. This is how I bought my boat last fall. I traveled 1300 miles to pick it up. Naturally, the seller was leary of a check. Once I was happy with the boat, I gave the go ahead for the wire transfer. We went together to his bank to sign the title and get the bill of sale notarized.
only way to do it.... 999% of the time you'll have no probelm.. but wire the money
Old 01-12-2009, 06:51 AM
PHIL
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CustomRigger101
only way to do it.... 999% of the time you'll have no probelm.. but wire the money
Once the wire transfer is received- get the bank to draw you a banck check and move it to another bank - that will stop the reversal of the wrie transfer !
Old 01-12-2009, 06:59 AM
Registered

I sold a bike to a company in Texas a few years ago they did money transfor to my bank. Then they had someone pick up bike, I overnighted title to them. Worked out good. I picked up a boat this summer and was lucky one of the banks I have an account with had a branch about 20 miles from the seller. I called bank branch frist to see what I needed to bring as it was a long distance away. After deal was made we went to my bank got bank check, than to sellers bank so he could depost check.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:22 AM
Registered

Another option is to go to the buyer's bank with the buyer. Have him purchase a cashiers check at the bank in front of you. That way you know it's a good bank check and not a counterfit.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:47 AM
CMC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Phil M
Once the wire transfer is received- get the bank to draw you a banck check and move it to another bank - that will stop the reversal of the wrie transfer !
This is what I am doing right now. The bank said a wire transfer can only be reversed "with cause"... like it went to the wrong account. But to be safe, get the money out and then move it to another bank.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Plum_Crazy
Wire transfer is safe and fast. You can verify the funds are in your account before he takes possession of the boat. This is how I bought my boat last fall. I traveled 1300 miles to pick it up. Naturally, the seller was leary of a check. Once I was happy with the boat, I gave the go ahead for the wire transfer. We went together to his bank to sign the title and get the bill of sale notarized.
Definately WIRE the money.. I do it and there is no problems at all. You can call make sure it has been done. change paper work... Plus the money is Available instantly.. I take a wire.. Once it is there. I transfer it to another one of my accounts... You can't undo a wire... I had a friend that got a bad "cashiers check"... Don't ask me how but it was Fraudelant....
Old 01-12-2009, 07:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CMC
This is what I am doing right now. The bank said a wire transfer can only be reversed "with cause"... like it went to the wrong account. But to be safe, get the money out and then move it to another bank.
Yes just like he said ... Get the wire then Move it.. I do that and I have never had a problem... I have done that about 17 Times.. I get the wire... Move it to another account..
Old 01-12-2009, 08:47 AM
CMC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yes the movement is exactly my plan.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Banned
Gold Member

My bank recommended either a transfer of Money Order, but hold title until it clears. Which I will probabaly do. He'll have the boat, it is insured and i will send title as soon as I can access the funds.

Should be OK for everyone.

Quick Reply: What is the safest check?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.