Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How many Lk St Clair regulars do we have on this board? >

How many Lk St Clair regulars do we have on this board?

Notices

How many Lk St Clair regulars do we have on this board?

Old 03-19-2002, 01:19 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mikestar,
You might want to take a look over there(Garwoods), it looks the same and there is a big sign that say's Grand Reopening (I forgot the date) . It sound like Garwood's is going to be with us for another season.

Hopefully they will change there outside menu this year, 3 sandwiches and a couple of appetizers is not all that!
Old 03-19-2002, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ViciousOne
I went by your new shop on Saturday and started to stop in to say hello, but thought you might be busy setting up and didn't need any interuptions. I live about 3 miles north of there off Jefferson. Welcome to the neighborhood.
We got the new cam in and new heads on my engine, we hope to run in on the dyno in a couple of weeks, then we will talk about the steering.
Old 03-19-2002, 08:08 AM
Registered

Hey guys! The water levels are up and I've got the fever.

Ok in regards to another get together, what date works best for everyone. We're looking at April 20th or 27th. Let's hear some feedback. How about back at the Tin Fish, it seemed to work better for us than Gilberts. We could try another place as well like the Beach Grill in case the weather is nice and we want to bring boats. Let me know what you guys are thinking and I'll call and reserve the place and put a post in the OSO Gatherings section.

James
Old 03-19-2002, 08:33 AM
MikeStar

Originally posted by 26scarab
Mikestar,
You might want to take a look over there(Garwoods), it looks the same and there is a big sign that say's Grand Reopening (I forgot the date) . It sound like Garwood's is going to be with us for another season.

Hopefully they will change there outside menu this year, 3 sandwiches and a couple of appetizers is not all that!
Huh, that's wild - I haven't been down that way since last summer but if I remember right Advantage_Rob said they were going to pick the whole dang building up and move it.

Maybe the condo deal fell through? Now if they could only dredge the docks out front and the channel that leads out into the bay, we'd be all set! I was seeing 1-2 feet on the depth guage coming in the back way, and churned mud going out the bay last year.... and my old boat handled like a pig with the drive all the way up!

Old 03-19-2002, 09:31 AM
Bayley

Call me ignorant, but where is the Beach Grill? Always looking for new dinner places without going up to Algonac.

Mike,
Last few times I did Garwoods, I kept up on plane until just before the docks. Also, as I was leaving, I would pop it up on plane just before I exited the harbor area. My wake wasn't crashing into anything, but I did get some rather nasty looks from the non-performance boaters. Something about twin blocks with open exhaust ruining their dinner atmosphere. Now, I just come through the "South Entrance" (i.e. North River Road ). Don't want to chance it with the low water pickups, and the idle through Mac and Ray's is just too long.

Late April get together... I'm in!

-Bayley

Old 03-19-2002, 09:47 AM
Registered

Bayley, I have never been to the Beach Grill but I'm pretty sure it's in the Metro Beach area.
Old 03-19-2002, 09:50 AM
Registered

Not Sure what's going on w/Garwoods, but a woman I work with's sister works at garwoods, well use to anyway, but they shut down a month ago or so and she has a new job now at my favorite italian place!!! As for the move, and I dont think they were taking the building with them, just the name??? Then they would have to change the sign in the mens room to read, "same urinal in a new location"! I hope it re-opens on the water, I wont go to beach grill very often, too far out of the way for me, and coming back at night from garwoods to the dnr launch, or across ancor bay to my place is alot less bouy dodgeing than it is from beach grill.

Beach grill is just north of the 9 mile tower, there's a gas sign and beach grill and jacks signs. Pull in, & pass jacks, and take a right at the gas dock and a left on the next canal. It's behing jefferson beach marina, the ex-fountian dealer!!

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 03-19-2002 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-19-2002, 09:58 AM
Registered

i think they ARE moving it!!! suz and i were in there talking to some of the workers....see ya out there on the water!!!
Old 03-19-2002, 10:53 AM
Registered

Hey Sparky, You'll be the first boat I see this year. I haven't seen one yet, last year it was that loud ass fan boat and there was still ice out there. We should get some pics from the zodiac of you doing some high speed fly bye's some time this summer from the point just east of my place. I remember last summer seeing you flying around, even from a mile or two out I can tell the graphics on your ride, plus it's haulin a$$, at a rate much more than the above average offshore you see out there. I haven't tried that ramp in a few years, I hear it's low, but I did go out from there in the cat, I just picked up the outboards, and was fine, let me know how it is, I'd like to occasionally launch the advantage there if I could.

Duh!!! Nevermind, I forgot you are talking selfridge DNR, I was thinking the fair haven one. I used the selfridge one a few times last year, it's fine, and sheltered really good, plus at night it's like daylight with all those stupid lights they put up at selfridge. Those Damn lights light up my entire house at night, and totally ruined the skyline, plus you can only see 1/10 of the stars you could before they put those stupid bright ass things up!@!!@#@! Sorry just venting, Someone go up-plug them for me. I hate em!

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 03-19-2002 at 10:59 AM.
Old 03-19-2002, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 741 Likes on 335 Posts

Tye Beach Grille is inside Jefferson Beach Marina between 9 & 10 mile rd. They have docking at the outdoor patio.

Quick Reply: How many Lk St Clair regulars do we have on this board?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.