Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
1989 Ocean Express ,Express 25 w/2x250 Yamahas ? >

1989 Ocean Express ,Express 25 w/2x250 Yamahas ?

Notices

1989 Ocean Express ,Express 25 w/2x250 Yamahas ?

Old 03-20-2002, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I called last summer on that boat 'Ballistic' I believe they sold it I forgot, it is the same style, that boat looks sweet !
Attached Images  
Old 03-20-2002, 08:48 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 296 Likes on 103 Posts

OK guys the one im takling about is at Jerry Davis Elictrical Contractors in their yard , i think its PA. its all apart and is whiye with a yellow fairing and white/yellow/pink interior also yellow and pink motors(yuck ) .Ross sure built some nice boats but man they used some hidious color combo's. the boat is all apart and looks pretty well weathered . boat is listed in the new powerboat. i have a bunch of pics but cant pull them from the browser window for some reason, i can forward them though i.oh yea its sitting on a double axle trailer ?!?! better be 2 big frik'n axles for that monster of a boat huh.

ViciousOne did you get my e-mail the other day , just wonder'n. i should be in your area one of these days and would like to stop in. still looking for my next project . would also like to look at robs 25 ,saw some pics on his website looks pretty cool.
Old 03-20-2002, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd suggest having viscious one do a survey, about the most knowledgeable guy you could have do it, besides Ross or Adam Focht. I've replaced fuel tanks on mine, and I know a 25 ocean that had them replaced also, but they are tough to see very well, check out the fuel filters after the tanks and check for debris, although I belive ocean uses aluninum tanks, where as my redline had composite tanks that deteriorated over time so I had debris in my tank till I put the new alum ones in at $1300, + labor, which is alot. I'd say sheck the transom real good. If you can find someone with a water % guage have them check the transom. It's a big expensive repair if that need replacing, other than that, checking all the bulkheads, and where they join the hull or deck, look for signs of stress anywhere, and if you find them, see what caused it, and may need reinforcing. That's not a big deal, and may give bargianing power to you. I've been thru way too much repair on mine, but it raced and was beat up when I bought it, and because I didn't know what to look for when I bought it, it cost me twice what I paid for it to get it back in seaworthy shape. Then motors, compression tests, definite sea trial, lots to do for you this spring!! price sounds good though, just keep in mind what I went thru, I dont wish thaat on anyone, but now I'd buy one to fix up at a real good price if I found one. Is his one local? The only older one I know of is a red one, that I saw for sale at metro a few years ago, with a black trailer, but I thought it had merc 200's on it? let me know I could check it out with you structurally.
Old 03-20-2002, 09:30 AM
Registered

Thanks Rob, I've talked to Sparky, Ross Jr. on and off this Winter, looked at all the boats including the REDLINE, just can't anty-up the big dollar! That's why this O.E. looks like a deal, if it's all 'there' The boat is near Ind., Mi. border so 4hour road trip needed from this side of mich.
Old 03-20-2002, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well let me know when you are planning on checking it out, I'll tell you what I see in this one, but the price is good. Mine was a good deal too, I thought, at the time, but I've learned alot since then. I'd love to see another cat out on st clair, even if it's not my old one.
Old 03-20-2002, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

viciousone , I have pictures they sent me of the red one .they told me it was real nice . Typical ! It looks nice in the pics ! Red is real cool !!

I would like to see this one in PA. I might have to take a ride !
Old 03-20-2002, 10:51 PM
Registered

Jolly, the one in the pic looks to be mike crosses second O.E race boat , I was told it ran pretty goood! But that was what I was told! Mike ended up owning & racing a 24' Skater like everbody else! It alway's goes back to the old bench mark SKATER!! Boot, There's one here that terry mullin's own's one of the first 39' if it's not the first! It has a two peice rear bench that was one of the first design's so it had a step in the middle of the rear bench, It was pretty cool! But the boat has a teak dash and floor and teak every where! But it could be bought for $ 65k turn key with 496 tunnel ram motor's w/ 1600 arneson's Hey it's old school but it work's!!
Old 03-20-2002, 11:21 PM
Registered

Dave, Let me know when your comming will have lunch , I have that outerlimits comming in the shop thursday or friday! I'd like you to look at it I also have a awsome I'm doing some rerigging and gel repair and the owner wants graphic's I was going to send it to the other side of the state but if your intrested let me know! I also have some cat's for $45k and under youcould look at if your intrested. Hey got to go morning comes too fast for me! Later.
Old 03-21-2002, 12:33 PM
Registered

Thanks All for the info. Put a Refundable deposit on the O.E. I plan on going to see it the week after Easter. Hope it's all 'that and more'