Notices

Check out this nut!

Old 05-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

F*cking retard. Sh!t like that kills people on bikes & the people they hit.
I lost a friend who was doing that very same thing. Riding a wheelie is just not cool enough to die for. Killed a guy in the car that pulled out in front of him too.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well bikes was my number one hobby until boats took that over. I currently own 2 turbo bikes, and I know what its like to drive like an idiot, I have done it, and not to afraid to admit it. I did alot of street racing with both cars and bikes. Also did alot of Grudge racing across the country at alot of big tracks, running with some buddies of mine that NHRA,MIROCK and Pro-Star riders.

Every friday and saturday night we would be out riding, and I would always be racing the guys I ride with down the freeway. (mind you, this is at like 3 or 4am, so far less traffic than the idiot in the video in the middle of the day.) and my bike will top out about 207MPH with 28psi of boost.

If I ever feel the rush to do it again, I will take my helmet cam and video 200+ for you guys so you can see what its like passing a car doing 70.

Glassdave nailed it right on the head, most guys gear the bikes for more acceleration, but never correct the speedo, I have a 100% correct speedo for the gearing (was set by radar gun), and I run a Garmin GPS IV that you can clearly see the speed.

All in all, that guy is maybe at best doing 110mph, more like 95/100 would be my guess.

Last edited by SmurfOnABoat; 05-13-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Banned

I saw 299kph, how fast is that in mph?
Old 05-13-2009, 03:21 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SmurfOnAGixxer
Well bikes was my number one hobby until boats took that over. I currently own 2 turbo bikes, and I know what its like to drive like an idiot, I have done it, and not to afraid to admit it. I did alot of street racing with both cars and bikes. Also did alot of Grudge racing across the country at alot of big tracks, running with some buddies of mine that NHRA,MIROCK and Pro-Star riders.

Every friday and saturday night we would be out riding, and I would always be racing the guys I ride with down the freeway. (mind you, this is at like 3 or 4am, so far less traffic than the idiot in the video in the middle of the day.) and my bike will top out about 207MPH with 28psi of boost.

If I ever feel the rush to do it again, I will take my helmet cam and video 200+ for you guys so you can see what its like passing a car doing 70.

Glassdave nailed it right on the head, most guys gear the bikes for more acceleration, but never correct the speedo, I have a 100% correct speedo for the gearing (was set by radar gun), and I run a Garmin GPS IV that you can clearly see the speed.

All in all, that guy is maybe at best doing 110mph, more like 95/100 would be my guess.
His speedo showed 115-120kph next to the tour bus. All buses (called coaches) in Europe are electronically limited to 112kph and that is the speed they run all the time (about 70)

based on that, I think his speedo is pretty close.

BTW all commercial buses(2 decks) in Europe are limited to 62.14mph

All newer commercial vehicles are limited to 56mph
Old 05-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
I saw 299kph, how fast is that in mph?
185MPH

When that guy goes onto the right shoulder and passes all the people, shortly after he passes a car with his speedo saying 277kph. There is no way he passed that car doing 172mph, and that car doing 70mph. 100mph faster than the car, would pass it way faster than he does in the video.

Something is not right.

At 180mph, you pass a car doing 70mph, its gone before you can blink. Same as passing a stationary object at 110mph. There is no way he is passing those cars at that speed.

Last edited by SmurfOnABoat; 05-13-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I feel sorry for the poor old undertaker that is going to spend three days putting the guy back together...
Old 05-13-2009, 09:25 PM
Registered

I was doing 100+ in a mercedes C class in Switzerland going down a sweeping mountain grade and two bikes passed me like I was standing still, dissappeared around the next sweep in a matter of seconds, scared the crap out of me when they came up from behind.

I was expecting to see a yard sale , but never did.

Ramb
Old 05-13-2009, 11:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity Tom
How fast do you think he is going?
137.5 MPH on the rear wheel,,he is more then nuts to do that on the open road.

Although he can drive !!
Old 05-14-2009, 06:24 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sure he thinks he is really cool, What an A$$HOLE, if you want to be a f%#king daredevil do it were your not risking someone elses life!!! Just imagine your wife and kids in one of those cars hes passing.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:58 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know who will remember Nick Slick from way back but he had a bike that would do 213 in GPS! He did it out when no one else was on the road however. The video is on line some place and that was maybe 6 or 7 years ago.