Notices

Cumberland..Memorial day

Old 05-14-2002, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bringing this one back since we're getting close....Hope to see everyone there.
Old 05-14-2002, 04:39 PM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!
Default "other" falls

I went to the "other" falls up by Burnside last year. It is a pretty cool setup too, but the marinas nearby aren't as nice as Jamestown or Grider Hill. Not as many of the "big boys" hanging out up there, but still a rew interesting rides. The falls themselves are pretty neat, with some of the same antics going on - just a little bit more laid back, seems to me.

Otter Creek Falls is becoming a larger destination for performance boats. Usually not as spectacular of a water feature as Seventy-Six unless there have been some recent heavy rains. Probably looks like Niagara about now.

Unfortunately I will probably not be able to join you all this year. Was looking forward to meeting some of the folks from the board, but family planning got in the way. I doubt iv my 7 1/2 month pregnant other half is up for the flesh show right now, and I need to stay in her good graces if I want to get ANY boating in this year and keep peace in the home!
Old 05-14-2002, 07:36 PM
Mack312

Looks like we will be there. Have not been in 15 years! Will need an old pro to show us the whatever!

An OSO gathering sounds great! When and where?

eman...

US1 Fountain I'm with ya.

Old 05-14-2002, 09:10 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

SO, anyone know how high the lake is now? You know the picture at Grider Hill that shows a canoeist going over the Falls? I'm thinking it might be getting up there.
Watch out for the floating debris!

Mack, look for us at 76 Falls Sat. & Sun afternoon, then on to the damn afterwards.

Jerry
Old 05-14-2002, 09:28 PM
Registered

Cool

I will be there with several friends. My 22' Checkmate (Fast Enough), 2001 25' Baja Outlaw (Need for Speed) , 2001 38 PowerQuest, 2001 28' Profile (Triple Digits). See you at the Falls
Old 05-14-2002, 09:46 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Fast Enough

Is your Avtar picture taken from a motel approx 3 miles before the entrance to State Dock Park where the highway splits?
Old 05-14-2002, 10:12 PM
Registered

Unhappy Not gonna make it this year

We are not going to make it this year as Thunder Enlightening is still being built and we have already sold our 290 PQ We will be spending a lot of time on Lake Cumberland over the summer (and the coming years) so keep an eye out for us.

LPBoater, What low hanging fruit ?
Old 05-14-2002, 10:44 PM
Airwolf767

Default Cumberland...Memorial day

Hey US1 how is it going, I thought I would ask you since you would take the same route to the lake. I have never been down to Cumberland but am looking at going somewhere different. Any suggestions on where to stay/unload boat? We usually go to the Ozarks and unloading there can be somewhat tricky at the resorts. Can you give me a link for more info? And about how long of a drive is it? Thanks alot,,,,,,maybe we will see you guys down there..

Mike

Old 05-14-2002, 11:24 PM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Where is everybody spending the night, on your boat or lodge ?
Old 05-15-2002, 06:57 AM
Registered

Anyone from Pennsylvania going do to the lake at this time?

Quick Reply: Cumberland..Memorial day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.