Notices

New Hull Design

Old 03-30-2002, 01:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

LOL Sharkey (I Shoulda Recognized the name) Yes it is. And how have you been? It was a real Pleasure working with You And Doug; you two guys go in my Book as the most Talented People I have ever worked with. And I have been around the World.

Best Regards
Old 03-30-2002, 02:50 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Good to talk with you again!!! Damn this internet tool is great!!! I always wondered where that hull ended up. I knew it went to Dubai or some place but never seen it since. That had to be the first boat I broke 110mph with. Bill and I took it out one day with twin EFI's and that boat hauled ass. He ended up going with triples not because the boat needed the power, he needed another skeg in the water because of how high that boat ran. Still using them "Water Bottles" for the Vacuum Bagging"? You certainly got some trick stuff going on there!!! You were the only one that ever came to mind whenever anyone asked me about foam coring. I would always fall back on your shop and and your techniques. And of course how I lifted that boat by myself. We should have gotten a picture of that! I'll keep you posted on this latest project. Should be quite interesting........Brakeless, Wood only rots if it gets wet. Sure if it is not protected properly it will rot. I personally use Vinyl Ester because of its capability of keeping things water tight. My hull was built in 1991. Many times sat with water in it. Today it is still as dry as it was when I put it in. It's the matter of taking the time to seal anything and everthing if you drill any holes......MJUWalters

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 03-30-2002, 03:08 PM
Whatdoin

WOW, looks like a long lost buddy thing...just curious sharkey, what ever happened to Gazell, both Bill and Warren?

Old 03-30-2002, 03:17 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Last I heard, they were heading to FL to start some developing. Haven't seen them for some time now, so I guess that is where they're at...

Old 03-30-2002, 03:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You are right Sharkey Everything relates to shop Practices! As for The Cheetah Alpha Boat Good ole Mr. Gazelle sold it to the Arabs Neglecting to pay me per Agreement. Then as a further Insult He even tried to claim my Award for the Design. Anyway I wound up in the Middle East Building Race boats and Later Gun/Patrol Boats and Built the Largest boat Company in Kuwait. Oh the Momma Cheetah 2 Years Undefeated “S” the finial Straw was Humiliating Buzzi in the 1994 UIM Worlds Abu Dhabi The UIM (A code name for the Buzzi club)then passed an edict ( that is what communist dictators do) that all “S” Class 6 Liter shall be no longer that 10 Meters!! making Offshore boats Shorter ?? not a real clever move on their part I was 11 Meters Anyway by now there was 8 of my One Off Cheetah Cats and 30 of my Falcon Gunboats on the Arabian Gulf shooting bad Guys on a Daily Basis

Best Regards
Old 03-30-2002, 03:31 PM
Whatdoin

Steve1, are you still building these things? Where can we see one, or more? Where's your shop?

Old 03-30-2002, 03:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Whatdoin You know I haven’t thought about Building any more Cheetahs until Now! I have Video and Pictures that need unpacking .Ill get some to you if you like.

Sharkey I just bought myself a gift a Venus System one. I feel like a kid with a new toy.

Best Regards
Old 03-30-2002, 04:05 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Sorry to hear about the situation with Bill. Hey, when you get those pics out, email them up to me. I would love to see them. Good luck with the new toy!

Old 03-30-2002, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Steve1, do you have a website??
Thanks
Old 03-30-2002, 06:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Cowisi no website yet (your inquiry has given it birth) Ill keep the Board posted as I Build it Mr. Sharkey will get the first Link .Thanks And Best Regards

Quick Reply: New Hull Design

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.