Notices

New Hull Design

Old 03-30-2002, 08:37 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Sounds like a plan Steve!!! No doubt I will shamelessly plug it too!!! With the designs and layup procedures you utilize, it should not be kept a secret. Hope to see another Race Boat come out of your shop that ran like that CHEETAH real soon!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 03-30-2002, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Steve 1

That must be the boat Bill was talking about building at the Racers party in Virginia Beach In 91(I think),was talking to Bob Shug who had an intrest in one.Something about building panels to mak a proto.Is that possible?Said he was going to sell the Skater and run the B class boat untill the new one was built.

Lonnie
Old 03-30-2002, 10:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Racemore
Panels are about the quickest way to come up with a workable Plug or Running Boat.
The main reason is that you wind up with finished sides and bottom. The glasswork in the Keel and Chine’s is no big deal. In two of my shops I had Glass Tables for exactly that. The Cheetah Race Boat On the other hand was done on a Simple Wooden Male Mold in a more traditional One-Off Method and Painted .I have a lot of Pictures of it somewhere. In the various stages

Best Regards
Old 03-30-2002, 11:14 PM
Registered

Default Steve 1

I wasn't much on the idea,may be for one off innerliners or decks.Did the Cobra shake out of this someway? I didn't race the following year but heard something like that.Anyway sounds like a good boat.I know pretty much what it takes to build the plugs for an Offshore boat. My buddy Jack built a 35FT cat from wood plugs to molds to raceboat in a year. 35ft Prostock,trip 2.5's with canopies called Full Throttle.He now builds Boats for the Super Stock and Outboad drag along with Pleasure versions.Dominated SS last year and should do the same this year.The new Unlimited Dragboat will be spashed for the first time in the 1st Apba race next month.Double bad! Check it out sometime at

www.fullthrottlepowerboats.com

Have a Happy Easter, Lonnie

PS tried the url and it won't come up,typed it in myself and had no problem.

Last edited by Racemore; 03-30-2002 at 11:39 PM.
Old 03-30-2002, 11:50 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 296 Likes on 103 Posts

http://www.fullthrottlepowerboats.com/

there ya go . . try that that one . . . .i been follow'n this thread . . . be'n a glassman i just love read'n about this kind of stuff . . . . . keep it come'n . .
Old 03-31-2002, 08:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Racemore Thanks I checked out the link
Funny you mentioned Cobra saw a few of their Boats when I got to Kuwait. And I heard some stories that bothered me. But there was or is no connection between us, ever! Hell we are All American Boat builders and I wish them well. End of tale.But Buzzi another story one day

Best Regards
Old 03-31-2002, 08:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

glassdave
Man I saw some of the pictures you posted, Real nice work!
Best Regards
Old 03-31-2002, 09:34 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Steve & Cobra??? Ha ha ha, These two companies are far from being from the same mold. I have to say Steve is brilliant with the techniques he has mastered on how a boat is to be built. When I first saw the Cheetah, I must admit, I didn't think it would last long. Now here we are 2002 and the boat is still intact and has dominated it's class. Cobras? Let's just say it's very different. I rigged a few of the Cobras and they weren't anything of the Cheetah calibur.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 03-31-2002, 10:13 AM
Registered

Cool

Thanks for the replies guys,Must have been the Cobra that was the panel plug.I have seen a couple and they didn't impress me to much.Don't think I have seen a Cheetah.I can't understand why it isn't being built.There will always be a demand for fast quality boats.Where are the pic's you posted Dave,gota check them out.

Have a great day,Lonnie
Old 03-31-2002, 10:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks Sharkey!
Back then there seemed to be a Play of Words. Some people bought Boats that were not quite what they wanted, or were told they were. Upon my Arrival There were still some upset People! but by then the Truth was known, And then the Fun began Cheetah #8 was Built in a 2nd story Loft of a factory outside Kuwait City we had the first National Race coming that spring since the gulf War Built Rigged Painted Test ran the engines (Hand carried up the stairs) Hired some Iranians to cut open the roof, Picked the boat up with a crane and went testing then won the Kuwait Race. (The cobras were in the back somewhere)

Sharkey your Website is Amazing to say the Least

Best Regards

Quick Reply: New Hull Design

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.