Notices

LCM files chapt 11

Old 07-21-2009, 09:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Randy, great talking with you over the last few week. Good luck with the outcome.

Ben
Old 07-21-2009, 09:37 PM
Registered

I'm a little curious if you were interested in buying a boat from them recently or what motivated the broadcast?

No one's getting rich right now and it sure seems like a really aggressive move to just go out and post someone else's financial woes on a billboard the size of OSO... Especially when you don't often see any negative feedback regarding experiences with LCM.

Yes, it's a matter of public record but you wouldn't care if you weren't handing them money right?

I'm only trying to understand. The fact that this was just thrown up there with no explanation of dissatisfaction behind it really does not speak well of you.

Last edited by SDFever; 07-21-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:28 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SDFever
I'm a little curious if you were interested in buying a boat from them recently or what motivated the broadcast?

No one's getting rich right now and it sure seems like a really aggressive move to just go out and post someone else's financial woes on a billboard the size of OSO... Especially when you don't often see any negative feedback regarding experiences with LCM.

Yes, it's a matter of public record but you wouldn't care if you weren't handing them money right?

I'm only trying to understand. The fact that this was just thrown up there with no explanation of dissatisfaction behind it really does not speak well of you.
Hey SD... Respectfully, I disagree with you being critical about Hacker's post. As you are well aware, this board is a public forum that was established for the exchange of thoughts, ideas and information regarding the performance boat industry. The unfortunate bankruptcy filing of LCM is very newsworthy as they are a major player in this industry. To suggest that Hacker's post has a hidden agenda is unfair. Randy Hartmann is one of the hardest working people in the boat business and if anyone can get through this it him. He's a great guy and I wish him luck.....

Last edited by maxonmike; 07-22-2009 at 04:33 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:14 AM
Registered

Randy has been good to me. Sorry to hear about the ch 11.
The original post is public info. Not great to gave it posted here, but it is relavant info. I'm glad he did post it.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:34 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It is certainly news worthy and the guy did not provide any opinion. This economy sucks, I have seen friends loose businesses all around me with another ready to close up any day. I feel lucky to have the little bit of work that I do. Best of luck to you LCM and I hope that this works our for you. Sad times indead.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:05 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Best of luck Randy, hopefully the economy will get back on it's feet quickly, and it will help get you back on track.
Dean
Old 07-22-2009, 09:22 AM
Registered

I don't think some of you guys understand the point. If you're going to be buying a boat or equipment or if you're just plain nosy you can look up the info very easily for your own satisfaction.

I still see no reason what so ever to post a link to LCM's bk on this site.

Not to mention that it further perpetuates the downward cycle that everyone is b_tching about including myself.

You have to remember that it's not as if he went out and posted news about some "personal" bk. He chose to further harm a HUGE dealer that has a lot at stake. So you can defend him all day as perhaps he is your friend and I am possibly not.

My only point is that his post seems disrespectful and displays a complete lack of etiquette... Just imagine being Randy right now. He's got enough landing on him and there's just no reason to make sure that every single person knows about it when they don't even have exposure.

I did not buy a boat but almost did. I just bought some small stuff and came to really like Randy after several conversations. If anyone on here was getting ready to buy from him this certainly killed that opportunity to go in the right direction.

Now what are the chances that Hacker is either a dealer or works for a competing dealer? If he is he won't have the spine to say so. LCM is NOT one of the hack shops we've all talked about. It's a respectable dealership which also happens to drive pricing in that region. So when you go posting negative things about it and help drive them out you basically hurt anyone who would be buying a boat this year or next or next .....

I still say it's bad etiquette but maybe I'm old school with just a little respect left in me or maybe you disagree.

You guys can come after me on this if you want but I won't call you out or fight with you. I'm simply saying this wasn't tastefully done.

Last edited by SDFever; 07-22-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:30 AM
Registered

Good luck on getting through this difficult time. I only know of a couple of businesses that aren't struggling to make it right now.

Roger
Old 07-22-2009, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good PPl over their guys. always helpful to me.. They will be fine.

Jeff
Old 07-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does this effect a dealerships ability to take a boat in on trade where the owner owes money on the trade in. If banks are pulling floor plans and lines of credit I would think this is or will become an issue for any dealer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.