Notices

Chattanooga Poker Run

Old 10-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone putting in close to the marina Will need help to navigate around the old dam and marina there are some big rocks all around the place

Last edited by gnorthga; 10-02-2009 at 06:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
I hope to be able to say the same thing next year on the drive thing !! Athough I most likely won't be making quite the power you are I'm pushing more hull surface so we'll see..

Last time I was over your way I heard you were going to put some longer tabs on ?? Did you get them on & did they help the handling out ??
Ahh, new engines are fun.

The training wheels were a worthwhile upgrade. They really settled it down. I went with 280 Kplanes.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gnorthga
Anyone putting in close to the marina Will need help to navigate around the old dam and marina there are some big rocks all around the place
There is a big bar that runs from the area in front of the marina to the barge that is moored up in the middle. Basically you should head towards the bridge and give the barge a nice wide berth when heading into the channel or you can put in and head toward the marina. When you leave the marina you should hug the docks in front of the floating cabins and then take a left into the marked channel that goes to the gas dock or you can head back toward the launch, go around the barge and then go back to the channel.

It is a little safer if you ask someone at the marina and they can point out where the bar runs.

DO NOT just leave the dock and head straight for the channel or put in at the ramp and head straight to the channel. You may find one of those rock piles that hangs around the bar.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tim brown
is the run 35 miles long or 70 miles long ? we might come down for it as a last run for the season . can I get more details ? like where to go , say off I 75 what exit # maybe some directions , adress , maybe local motel nearby , its 360 miles for us to come down there , were going to be tired . maybe we will come on friday afternoon . Tim
bobby and I talked about letting some people go to chickamauga Dam at city park just for fun
Old 10-05-2009, 12:05 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi
Ahh, new engines are fun.

The training wheels were a worthwhile upgrade. They really settled it down. I went with 280 Kplanes.
Yeah there always fun, however as much as I really enjoy the process of a build I'm ready to finish it up & smell some smoke.. Glad to hear the tabs helped out.. That 26 has to motivate for a little boat !!

No joke on stay away from the rocks deal.. I just finished re-gelcoating the bottom of a sw flats fish boat for a customer of mine that ended up somewhere he didn't need to be on watts bar & hit some rocks at only around 20mph & tore the boat up pretty bad.. It also makes me think of riding in the Skater-V at just a shade past that 20mph mark (lol) passing huge logs with the occasional entire 40-50' tree floating down the river on hickory.. Ofcourse all while the madman at the wheel was trying to read a wideband & a laptop..haha..

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 10-23-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
Yeah there always fun, however as much as I really enjoy the process of a build I'm ready to finish it up & smell some smoke.. Glad to hear the tabs helped out.. That 26 has to motivate for a little boat !!

No joke on stay away from the rocks deal.. I just finished re-gelcoating the bottom of a sw flats fish boat for a customer of mine that ended up somewhere he didn't need to be on watts bar & hit some rocks at only around 20mph & tore the boat up pretty bad.. It also makes me think of riding in the Skater-V at just a shade past 20mph passing huge logs with the occasional entire 40-50' tree floating down the river on hickory.. Ofcourse all while the madman at the wheel was trying to read a wideband & a laptop..haha..
Finish it up and go boating. Been there in that Skater. My 26 does run pretty good. I saw 103 when running with Thunder and Mean Streak on the 4th. Thunder ran 110 to get around me and Streak was back at 101. I think that Mean Streak may have been running at 60% power or something crazy like that. It is the longest I have held WFO. It is kind of like Mardis Gras. Fun to go there on occasion but not every weekend.

Chattanooga will be fun! It sounds like some cool boats will be around.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Registered

Finish it up and go boating. Been there in that Skater. My 26 does run pretty good. I saw 103 when running with Thunder and Mean Streak on the 4th. Thunder ran 110 to get around me and Streak was back at 101. I think that Mean Streak may have been running at 60% power or something crazy like that. It is the longest I have held WFO. It is kind of like Mardis Gras. Fun to go there on occasion but not every weekend.

Chattanooga will be fun! It sounds like some cool boats will be around.
Bobby on A dock is trying to order T-shirts and figure out the food

He said it would really help if everyone could get the forms in

If anyone needs a form I can fax you one my fax is
706-820-1109 email [email protected]:cuqui:
Old 10-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gnorthga
Bobby on A dock is trying to order T-shirts and figure out the food

He said it would really help if everyone could get the forms in

If anyone needs a form I can fax you one my fax is
706-820-1109 email [email protected]:cuqui:
I talked to Bobby. I should be able to drop my form off either Friday or Sat. Thanks
Old 10-09-2009, 08:14 AM
Registered

I talked to Bobby. I should be able to drop my form off either Friday or Sat. Thanks
Thank you! Bobby said you had a bad ass boat

I cant wait to see it

Now maybe everyone else will get on the stick and get signed up.

My good friend Bobby went ahead got us a 3 bedroom condo.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

so...how many are attending?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.