Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT: Best Used Trailerable Cruiser?? >

OT: Best Used Trailerable Cruiser??

Notices

OT: Best Used Trailerable Cruiser??

Old 01-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would check this one out?? Under 7000lbs and pretty darn big, I bet it could be had in your price range?? Its in CA also

http://www.yachtauctions.com/listing.php?vessel=4188

I would also look at a Rinker or Larson, for the money they are very nice.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dave911
It's time to get back on the boat! With 2 little kids and another on the way, I'm looking at a more family oriented boat then my old 26' Sutphen.

Looked at a Baja 290 "Motor Yacht" yesterday, and liked her, but she'd require a dually to tow at 10,000lbs. Looked exactly like this boat: http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/7821

I'm on a very tight budget and need to be under $25k, but would like to be closer to $15k. Boating will be split ocean and Havasu. Hauling with a Hemi Durango 4x4 to 8,900 lbs.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, but please don't bother chiming in with 26 Sonic or, Active Thunder, etc...I need a more friendly (open) cockpit layout then most sport boats can provide.

Looking for ideas here...
Thanks, Dave911
26' chris craft crowne, it only weighs about 5000#, has a full cabin with enclosed head and shower, single 7.4l 454, and an aft cabin, I loved mine, Im 6'3' and could stand up in the cabin, its got a sporty look, as well.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by dave911
The Donzi LXC 27/29 looks like it could fit the bill, but I've found some pretty negative ownership experiences online. Mostly regarding fiberglass issues and lack of power with single screw. Anyone have experience with this boat? Thanks, Dave
Here's a couple findings:
http://marinesource.com/yacht-sales/...-100426168.cfm
I'm itching to get this done! Thanks all. Dave
I had a 275 for about 2 years. I enjoyed it for going out with the g/f on the smaller lakes we have around here, but for entertaining with more than say 4 people its not a good cockpit set-up, IMO. It weights 6,500 pounds according to the literature I still have. Had a steel Eagle triple axle trailer under it and my lightly modified 1997 Dodge 1500CC 4X4 pickup with a 360 would pull it ok with the lazy 2.73 gears. In the water, it was susceptible to side-to-side weight transfer to a noticeable extent but not alarming. Mine had bottom paint on it and it ran upper 30's with a carbed 300hp 454 / Bravo 3 on the stock speedo. If you are a tall(er) person, you will need to duck down a little bit when you turn to look behind you if the boat has either a bimini top or a radar arch on it. The helm/drivers area floor is raised up about 6 or 8 inches which I didnt like. Nice cabin for what it is.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, as an fyi, Donzi makes that series in a 255 also which is 27ft with the pulpit, and the 275 is 29'3" with the pulpit.