Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
46' Black Thunder, first performance boat? >

46' Black Thunder, first performance boat?

Notices

46' Black Thunder, first performance boat?

Old 03-31-2010, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
I wouldn't leave any performance boat in the water longer than a week, get a lift for it. If not and you are going to paint the bottom get a boat you want to have forever because you will never be able to sell it for a 1/4 of what you payed in a few years. Sorry for the hate but perfomance boats left in the water don't do well.
X2 Don't leave that thing in the water. You might as well buy a pontoon.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tough to do here in Chicago without towing...I am not aware of any rack in/out storage in or around the city.

I know it is not ideal to keep in the water, but towing a boat (much less a big one) in our congested city isn't exactly what I had in mind, given the frequency of desired use. Maybe a lift/cushion is the best option.

kvschoolboard-nice going--that sounds like a great deal!

I have seen pictures of the 40' and 50' Hustlers, but have never been on one. I like the Fiore, but they do not seem to come around very often.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Go with the 46 EC. Looks better the 43 has a longer nose a swim deck. I have slipped of the back and hit only water. Big savings on a doctor bill. Mines a 2001 46EC handles fine. only thing is a cross wind and people walking around when under way. She will lean a little. Its a deep V and tall. What boat doesnt. My 30 ft Superboat does the same. You just have to drive and enjoy. Only problem i have is finding a place to park when on a road trip. You dont want to leave it in a walmart lot.. Shes 9ft6 wide the extra seat to the far far left is a big plus. You dont want to have a guy sitting next to you. Looks kinda gay. THIS PLACE IS SLOW CANT EVEN UPLOAD A PIC FOR YA Bobby

Last edited by BDARCHER; 04-01-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hedgehog
Tough to do here in Chicago without towing...I am not aware of any rack in/out storage in or around the city.

I know it is not ideal to keep in the water, but towing a boat (much less a big one) in our congested city isn't exactly what I had in mind, given the frequency of desired use. Maybe a lift/cushion is the best option.

kvschoolboard-nice going--that sounds like a great deal!

I have seen pictures of the 40' and 50' Hustlers, but have never been on one. I like the Fiore, but they do not seem to come around very often.
Don't leave that boat in the water. You can put a lift in at Hammond marine in Northwest Indiana. There are also a couple places on Cal sag that do in and out service!
Old 04-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by BDARCHER
Go with the 46 EC. Shes 9ft6 wide the extra seat to the far far left is a big plus. I LOVE having a guy sitting next to me, but I Look kinda gay. THIS PLACE IS SLOW CANT EVEN UPLOAD A PIC FOR YA Bobby
Old 04-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by endeavor1
It is getting kinda gay here.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:55 PM

I am doing a 2010 46SC, Bob the owner has done quite a few things from the normal set up, we moved the bulkhead 7 inches forward to accomodate a staggered setup so we had some room in front of the forward engine, moved the generator from the oposite side, moved batteries, mounting of trim and drive actuators, throttle position as well as gas tanks and piping. to name a few.

Aslo painted the engine room to match the outside graphics.

Very accomodating. If you don't ask the question , you quess at the answer.

Takeing our motors down next week to start engine room rigging
Old 04-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Spiker
I am doing a 2010 46SC, Bob the owner has done quite a few things from the normal set up, we moved the bulkhead 7 inches forward to accomodate a staggered setup so we had some room in front of the forward engine, moved the generator from the oposite side, moved batteries, mounting of trim and drive actuators, throttle position as well as gas tanks and piping. to name a few.

Aslo painted the engine room to match the outside graphics.

Very accomodating. If you don't ask the question , you quess at the answer.

Takeing our motors down next week to start engine room rigging
so you can go

Last edited by endeavor1; 04-01-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:46 AM
Registered

If you just rent a slip and they dont want a lift in it put a Jet Dock in. My buddy had a 46 BT in a slip on one, it worked great you just need a min. of 6 feet deep. When you move un tie it and move it.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BDARCHER
Go with the 46 EC. Looks better the 43 has a longer nose a swim deck. I have slipped of the back and hit only water. Big savings on a doctor bill. Mines a 2001 46EC handles fine. only thing is a cross wind and people walking around when under way. She will lean a little. Its a deep V and tall. What boat doesnt. My 30 ft Superboat does the same. You just have to drive and enjoy. Only problem i have is finding a place to park when on a road trip. You dont want to leave it in a walmart lot.. Shes 9ft6 wide the extra seat to the far far left is a big plus. You dont want to have a guy sitting next to you. Looks kinda gay. THIS PLACE IS SLOW CANT EVEN UPLOAD A PIC FOR YA Bobby
What kind of tow/hauling/rig set-up do you have??? I plan to start towing same boat this year...Are there any special nuances or recomendations for towing a 46 BT??? BTW...How much does tboth the trailer and boat weigh?? And do you need a CDL and special permits to tow???

Thank,

Divenstar