Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Nordskog GPS speedo. "Awsome" >

Nordskog GPS speedo. "Awsome"

Notices

Nordskog GPS speedo. "Awsome"

Old 05-05-2002, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nordskog has a great reputation! Heck, GPS kicks butt over a pitot tube any day. I put in the analog Gaffrig/Livorsi to match the rest of the gauges.

Miami - The recall button is the switch mounted directly below the speedo on my dash. Push the button left for recall, right for clear memory. It holds the top speed as long as you don't clear it or disconnect the battery. The Gaffrig also has an average speed feature built in.

Last edited by jbrauer; 09-17-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-05-2002, 03:48 PM
Registered

I would really like to get something to replace the "Eliminator" speedo in mine. I have ripped 2 pitou tubes.....I finally filled in the hole and scrapped that idea. The GPS on the dash helps, but i need something to fill that gap. I just leave the speedo in there. I was told that Gaffrig makes the intruments for Eliminator, but I really don't think so. I have looked closely at Gaffrigs. ALso I'll have to measure the hole again. Any ideas. Here is a pic of the dash
Attached Thumbnails Nordskog GPS speedo. "Awsome"-p0000625.jpg  
Old 05-05-2002, 07:15 PM
Registered

Default GPS Speedo

Enticer,

Typically "Beedee" private labels gauges for many of the manufacturers. You can buy either the Gaffrig or Nordskog analog GPS speedo and it will fit in the same trim ring.

I have the Nordskog 0-90mph analog gauge, but they also make one that goes to 120mph. I have the GPS antenna under the dash looking up, under the fiberglass. As I stated above, it works great.

I also have a Garmin color moving map GPS mounted in my boat, but I really only use it at night to navigate.

Hope this helps !!!!!

Christopher Gibbons
Old 05-06-2002, 04:21 PM
NORDSKOG

Enticer,
A Nordskog GPS will fit in the old Speedometer spot. The hole size is 3 3/8. If this is to small you can use an adapter bezel to take up the extra space. We are the manufacturer, and build these gauges in California. The high-speed recall will only recall the highest speed until the key is turned off. This allows you to make changes to the boat, and then record the new (higher or lower) top speed for that particular set up.
If you would like to purchase one of our kits, NPP will be running a 10 % discount for OSO members only, on GPS kits until 05/13/02

Old 05-07-2002, 01:18 AM
Registered

Default Hey Nordskog !!!

Does the 10% discount apply to me ???? I placed the order with Patrick some time ago for 7 new gauges to go with my existing GPS speedo.

I hope to get them soon. Can you ask Pat what the status is ??

Regards...........CJG.

Old 05-11-2002, 08:06 PM
Registered

Default Just got done installing my digital Nordskog

I put the antenna under the dash and took it out of the storage building. A ok. All thumbs up. Liked everything except one thing. I switched all of my instrument gauges to a red bulb. The Nordskog's are a real pretty blue/purple color LED. I guess you cant have it all. Will test tomorrow. Looks like the compass will not work but maybe you have to be moving. We will see. Very happy so far.
Old 05-11-2002, 09:47 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Nordskog?
Just thought I would let you know that the link you have for your website does NOT work

The wording in srong on your OSO profile

you have the "r" in the wrong place in the word 'perfoRmance'

Took me for a loop when researching you product

Your welcome
Old 05-11-2002, 10:05 PM
Registered

Hey Mike. You might as well not even plug in the lites on your speedo. It is TOTALY blinding at nite. I unhooked mine. I figure after dark I'm not gonna go that fast anyway. I called Nordskog about it, and they said there's nothing they can do about it. But hey, it still beats the hell out of pilot tubes.
Old 05-11-2002, 10:14 PM
Registered

Default That's pretty poor then,

who makes the speedo head. It just seemed like to me they could have put in a red LED as easy as a blue one. I switched to the red bulbs to help with the night vision.
I'll have to try it out at night and see for myself. Doesn't take long to cut a wire though.
Old 05-12-2002, 09:39 PM
Registered

Default everything went ok today

I used the bottom acc. switch on the dash that wasn't being used. This switch changes the readout from MPH to Knots to Compass, to Tach to Volt meter.
Found out my boat tach was reading about 100 to 110 rpm lower than the Nordskog was reading. That shot my slip factor all to hell.

That made it got up 2%.

Really happy with the digital read out over an analog. You can read your speed as low as 3 mph. Even in to tenths 3.2 pretty cool.
Antenna is under the dash to the right of the wind deflector bar and the switch I am using is the bottom one.
Sorry pic is with the old speedo in place.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Nordskog GPS speedo. "Awsome"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.