Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Nordskog GPS speedo. "Awsome" >

Nordskog GPS speedo. "Awsome"

Notices

Nordskog GPS speedo. "Awsome"

Old 06-17-2002, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The day I ran 97.8 it was turning a 29" Spinelli 4 blade 6300 RPM through 1.5 gears. This 92.9 was at 6100 RPM with the same prop. I feel the motor was down on power due to the humidity and possibly because I installed some colder plugs for experimentation. I put the hotter plugs back in and will be running again soon. I am looking forward to trying some labbed bravo props in cooler temps to see how close to 3 digits I can get. We always wear our lifeline jackets when running the 21' boat up to these speeds.
Old 07-08-2002, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ok, I promise this is the last time.

I won't recycle this thread again unless there are three digits before the decimal point. I just changed jobs and got a new computer and had to get back on OSO and post something. The last post was reporting a 92.9 MPH top speed. I have since bettered that number, but it is still off my best 97.8 MPH. As noted that was achieved in early spring in "heavy HP" weather. This speed was in 87 degree humid air with just me in the boat. I don't think 100 MPH will be a reality in this boat, but I sure will give it a try. I plan on trying some props and if I hit the big number I will certainly let you all know about it. I hope to try 30 lab and 28 lab bravo props and see what they can do. In the meanwhile I'll take these summertime speeds anytime.
Attached Thumbnails Nordskog GPS speedo. "Awsome"-96.4mph.jpg  
Old 07-08-2002, 10:08 PM
mjuwalters

I don't about now but when they came out Gaffrig and Nordskog were built by the same company. There name was molded into the back of the gauge. I bought one from Nordskog still works great Thanks

Old 07-09-2002, 01:57 PM
NORDSKOG

WETTE VETTE,
Those are great numbers! It sound like you are trying everything right to get that top speed, the Bravo props will probably carry the boat differently so be carefull. if you do see that 3 digit # call me and I will send you a Nordskog T-Shirt.

mjuwalters, Thank you for using a Nordskog GPS. We think they are great also. The name on the back of the gauge was Intellitronics, we purchased them a while ago and are changing to a new housing this month.