The TALL TALES and ADVENTURES of Chris Sunkin >

The TALL TALES and ADVENTURES of Chris Sunkin

Notices

The TALL TALES and ADVENTURES of Chris Sunkin

Old 01-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 1,901 Likes on 740 Posts

Can’t believe I missed all this drama.

I remember the name and got the memo that he was a legend in his own mind.

Must have been during my cruiser days cuz y’all mentioned when this site sold and everything changed.

Remember reading about it but missied it too.
Old 01-29-2024, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 399 Likes on 267 Posts

Thanks for the little update!
i missed the back scene part!
Old 01-30-2024, 07:55 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
He lied about every facet of his life. after the buyout here, we all went to serious. Everyone had diff roles to help build content, Even some of the people that helped Steve here came over, we had a great start and the did poker runs and race events to bolster the site. We did the Cambridge races and he rode with me and some friends including glassdave and while drinking and bragging some things didn't add up. I was talking with some friends here, Josh (baywatch/rastaboatin),Heather, Nick (cigdaze) Panther, glassdave, Jayboat and some others, and we started piecing together the stories, when I called him out in a letter, a very long letter that listed every one of his boats he claimed to have owned (over 30 of them, many in the hundreds of thousands price range), his military service as well as his "knowledge posts" on here that were plagiarized from the internet and he banned me from the board of serious, Alec was one of the chief supporters as well as a guy under the name of bootdaddy (ill leave his real name out). Basically he used everyone's connections and money to fulfill his dreams of offshore bravado, he would say he was tight with so and so, to ingratiate himself to others. It was all lies and a shell game, he even tried to say he was involved in a Michigan boat company with a famous builder/throttle-man. Alec and the original guys didn't want to believe it until they were all in key west. I could never go to KW because it was always during SEMA and i had to be there. there was a charity auction and people wrote their names on money for the charity, later that night people started to get money back from the bar as change with names on them in sharpie. he was spending the money the charity raised He kept denying it, but eventually it was too much for them to take anymore as nothing could be substantiated at all. he said he would write a check for it, wrote one for a much smaller amount and it bounced. he sued 8 or so of us, acted as his own attorney... went nowhere
Then the pics of the houses and people started comparing notes on stories and it all went viral. all it boiled down to was he got too big for his britches and full of himself, don't lie and just be yourself.
You caught a lot of sh!t when you started calling out the hero, but vindicated in the end.

A detail you may have forgotten- that bounced check to the hospital. It was such a totally random thing, but Alec was friends with one of the guys on the Board of Directors. What are the frieaking odds of that? Anyway, after exhausting all options he reached out to Alec and that is what really lit the fire.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
The following 2 users liked this post by jayboat:
Jupiter Sunsation (01-30-2024), ROCKETMAN (01-30-2024)