Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need some serious help - Luke Chinewalker has boarded my Sunsation >

Need some serious help - Luke Chinewalker has boarded my Sunsation

Notices

Need some serious help - Luke Chinewalker has boarded my Sunsation

Old 04-30-2002, 12:32 PM
kook

Originally posted by audacity

u do have full hydrulics ALL the way to the helm??..right??
No, only a tie-in dual ram. Would that really make much difference?

Old 04-30-2002, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YES...and not very safe either.... do everything to ensure safty first!...speed is secondary.
is this used as a lake boat or an offshore?

joey
Old 04-30-2002, 01:12 PM
turbo2256

audacity,

Were are you at..... POEE here

Old 04-30-2002, 01:24 PM
Registered

detroit michigan area
Old 04-30-2002, 01:55 PM
Registered

kook:

Try moving the cg forward, via ballast.

vtec
Old 04-30-2002, 04:02 PM
wilerty

Not having full hydraulic steering, aside from the safty issue, will hold the outdrive steady but will allow you to have play in your steering input. This means you will have to make larger corrections with the wheel to get the same result as full hydraulics. This makes it harder to drive the boat.

There is a reason they limit the engine size in the F1 boats ... there just isn't much hull in the water with any boat that size when you pass 80mph. Above 75+mph I actually trim my outdrive in a tiny bit which makes it substantially more stable. There has to be a balance between speed and driveability.

Old 04-30-2002, 05:50 PM
kook

YES...and not very safe either.... do everything to ensure safty first!...speed is secondary.
is this used as a lake boat or an offshore?

joey
"Offshore" - Upper Chesapeake Bay. Typical conditions are 2' chop. Sometimes only 1', sometimes 3-4'. Yeah, these conditions should help the chine walking (compared to the testing which is being performed in FLAT water), but Bruce is doing the right thing - looking at the worst case scenario.

-Mark

Old 05-01-2002, 09:00 AM
Registered

i agree with wilerty, the boat was just not designed to do what u want it to...doesn't mean u can't change that...good luck bro!
Old 05-01-2002, 10:13 AM
kook

i agree with wilerty, the boat was just not designed to do what u want it to...doesn't mean u can't change that...good luck bro!
I don't plan on running WOT for extended periods, as is done with F1 race boats. Luck? Nah, we will get there with fundamental knowledge and some trial and error

Old 05-01-2002, 10:43 AM
Registered

funny a lot of people are willing to change enignes and everything else....but never look a the bottom design or rigging.... i'm all about how well you go fast and not how fast you go. so hp is the VERY last thing on my list.

yes cg is something to look at....BUT look also at the cf in which the delta pad and drive have everything to do with....cg can be a bandaid for a incorrect or less than ideal cf....

joey
f2-80

Quick Reply: Need some serious help - Luke Chinewalker has boarded my Sunsation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.