Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lake St. Clair - who's boating this weekend >

Lake St. Clair - who's boating this weekend

Notices

Lake St. Clair - who's boating this weekend

Old 05-06-2002, 07:52 AM
turbo2256

Dang it never made it out of the driveway. Boat is all loaded ready to go. Fell for the old waiting for friends to show up routine. Wont go there again.

Old 05-06-2002, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Made it out yesterday. There were quite a few boats out but the water was pretty nice. Still a little cooler than I care for, but the first cruise went well and the boat ran great. Saw 26Scarab in a nice older Formula. Chuck, I was under the dash disconnecting the alarm because of a low gear lube reservoir when you went past. It was good to run with you guys up to the Clinton River. We possibly saw TMager coming out of Metro when we were going in.

We also saw a 34 Vyper coming out at the ramp. I asked the guy if he was on OSO (thinking it was you, Mike), but he wasn't. He did say that he's been looking for something like that though, so we may have another Lake St. Clair member coming aboard. All in all, a good first run.
Old 05-06-2002, 08:37 AM
Registered

Bill, good to hear the first run went well. Mine has been wet but thats it. Not much of a run. I worked all weekend and the boat isn't quite ready to hit the water yet. Another week of work and she should be done! I'd like to splash in the next week for a good run.
Old 05-06-2002, 09:51 AM
Registered

I didn't get the shrinkwrap off still!!!! I suck!!! Golfed all weekend, and leauge tonight, but after golf get me the utility knife. I got home at aroung 6 and there were quite a few offshores out there. One was a really loud looked like an older 28 cig but it was out pretty far, so hard to tell, but it sounded mean, it was 2-3 miles away and still sounded like it was 10 feet away. Then there was a big offshore ripping towards metro looked 40+ and yellow nose fading to red then purple, but it was moving, getting me pumped to get out there. Good to see you guys getting out there and having fun. Bill, I hate those buzzers!!! On an of note I threw a few casts last night at 7:30-8:30 and caught a 46" Muskie off the seawall. Wow, first one, scary teeth on that thing!! I dont think I'm swimming in that water anymore!!!

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 05-06-2002 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05-13-2002, 08:15 PM
Registered

Bill272, that was me leaving out of Metro, took a little ride out with the family for the first ride out. Dieing to get out without the kids and finally push the throttles on the Sunsation.

Rob, quit chasing that silly ass white ball and get that boat going!

When we get a fun run going? I know silly question when its 45 degrees out.
Old 05-13-2002, 10:48 PM
Registered

Tom - I realized it could have been you after we were past a couple of buoys, but now I know what to look for. It will be nice to get out w/o kids, but then again, it'll be good just to get out. We did open it up a bit and my 5 year old kept saying "faster..." Gotta love that.
Last year we splashed around the same weekend, and didn't get back in the water until after Memorial Day. Just a solid month of lousy weekends. If we could trade cold, rainy weekends in May for lots o' sun in June, July, and August, I'd do it.
Old 05-14-2002, 11:03 AM
Registered

I agree, looks like another wash this weekend highs in the 40's and rain, the time is coming soon, though
Old 05-14-2002, 11:16 AM
Registered

Old 05-14-2002, 11:24 AM
jr

This is really starting to piss me off. When its sunny I've got to work. If it rains I can work on the boat but can't paint the drive because I don't want the overspray in my shop. This SUCKS. At this rate I'll never get out.

Old 05-14-2002, 06:54 PM
cardshark 388

Got the Cardshark out of Sassy's on Saturday. Went for a short cruise before Boyd had to go to work. Is working this Saturday but if nice Sunday we will be out. Looking forward to seeing everyone Memorial Weekend.