Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Michigan Boaters, Sunny and 80 only! >

Michigan Boaters, Sunny and 80 only!

Notices

Michigan Boaters, Sunny and 80 only!

Old 05-05-2002, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

splashed today sunny and 45deg, took a couple runs around the harbour and that was enough. Espically after 20min of trying to get the dam engine started.
Old 05-05-2002, 09:50 PM
Registered

Sunny and 80? Ha... I splashed today and it was sunny and 74, probably colder on the water. We put in at the same time last year, and our second time out was after Memorial Day. We were out of town one weekend and the rest sucked for boating. If preferring to stay home when it's 58 and a steady rain makes me a fair weather boater, then so be it. We did spend a few weekends last year dodging (or trying to dodge) rain and storms and ended up with over 100 hours on the clock. But really, I wear a hat on the boat to keep from getting a sunburn, not frostbite.
Old 05-06-2002, 01:09 AM
Registered

I would love to be out there already!! Its hard to do when its colder and the kids want to go out just as bad as I do. I dont need them getting sick on me.
Just wrapping up most of the winter projects and time to start the spring cleanup on the Baja. You will see me out there soon. Not that I could hang with ya on the big lake though.
Old 05-07-2002, 06:16 PM
MIdnightRider

Well there were a few us out on Saturday afternoon, and yet even a few more on Sunday. But I would like to give a shout out to those who stayed the night in Grand Haven on Saturday night. There is a whole summer left yet guys, WOW. What a kick off, I don't think there was a bottle of Vodka "the goose" to be had at the bar when we left . I know I had a late night Gyro, and that means I had way to much to drink.( Before I was engaged I used to look for women at the end of the night, Now I look for food and a good place to lay down ) It was fun, I have been waiting all winter.

Old 05-07-2002, 09:10 PM
Registered

I would be out, but gotta finish the barn so I won't be at it all summer.
NO MORE STORAGE PAYMENT'S YA........
Old 05-07-2002, 10:12 PM
Registered

Hey midnight, We were out on sunday, ran to the old crow for lunch. Never saw ya. No wind but nice rollers. See ya soon. NK
Old 05-07-2002, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

I would be out there early this spring too...after all I was boating up until the end of November last year and I would have boated in December as well but the fuel pump lobes on my cams were going flat in a hurry so that pretty much ended the season for me. Plus, now I have since then found out I have a rotted transom and stringers that are in need of repair/replacement, therfore I don't even know if I'm going to have time to get it fixed in time for the season this year.
Old 05-08-2002, 09:31 AM
pb
Charter Member
Charter Member

KAAMA,
Man that sucks. I thought you were in the process of getting it repaired the last time we met at Wolffies. I will be at Wolffies next Thurs. morning to start dropping in the motor. I also had my stringers replaced due to rot so engine alignment will be more involved. Will also be there Friday finishing up all the accessory install and maybe fire the motor. And if we do not fire it Friday then I hope we can do it Sat. We shall see. Hope all turns out well on your end.

Paul
Old 05-08-2002, 12:46 PM
Registered

We splashed the boat for the first time on Sunday. It was a bit cool. We put in at Holland and ran down to Saugatuck. Saw a Cigarette Top Gun and a 50ft Hustler in yellow and blue (nice boat). We're impatiently waiting for our lift to be installed, once its in, we'll be out every weekend. Anyone do work with Lake Construction in Saugatuck or Dk Contruction in Holland?

DS
Old 05-08-2002, 11:46 PM
Registered

Hey derek That was my friends and I on Sunday. What boat were you in? NK

Quick Reply: Michigan Boaters, Sunny and 80 only!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.