Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Michigan Boaters, Sunny and 80 only! >

Michigan Boaters, Sunny and 80 only!

Notices

Michigan Boaters, Sunny and 80 only!

Old 05-09-2002, 12:06 AM
Luke_Chinewalker

Originally posted by KAAMA
I would be out there early this spring too...after all I was boating up until the end of November last year and I would have boated in December as well but the fuel pump lobes on my cams were going flat in a hurry so that pretty much ended the season for me. Plus, now I have since then found out I have a rotted transom and stringers that are in need of repair/replacement, therfore I don't even know if I'm going to have time to get it fixed in time for the season this year.
How can this be on an AT? actually it is not that uncommon on the earlier models such as yours, didn't anybody notice this during the trs/bravo conversion and during the engine r&r, surely it didn't rot since last spring i have followed your posts on updating this boat for some time now and you really have brought this boat a long ways, since you already have the engines out you are already half way there, it's not really a bad job to replace/repair the transom and stringers, just think once this is complete you are golden, don't let it get you down, you have an awesom boat.

Old 05-09-2002, 12:10 AM
MIdnightRider

On Sunday I spent half the day in a slip at Municipal fixing my ignition on the Star motor. It was giving me fits at idle(the left spin out of the Wharf is a little tuff without the outside motors running). I saw a few of you going out while I wrenched. I'm not officially the MidnightRider yet, I changing my new boats name here in a few weeks when I get time, so my boat is "showtime" for a few. I did see the Hustler come by on my way back in Saturday, it looked hot, he had opened up a little. I will be back out on Friday. Midnight

Old 05-09-2002, 01:23 AM
Intolerant1

Ive got my fingers crossed for this weekend but the weatherman has me in his crosshairs.

Old 05-09-2002, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nauti Kitty,

We have a Sunsation with orange, yellow and purple graphics. We ran past the Key Largo? restaurant but headed over to Tower Marine to check on our slip. Which boat's yours?

Derek
Old 05-09-2002, 10:11 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yo Derek!!!!where you been all winter?Gad to see your still around!!!going to run out of Sausage Tuck ?we opted for rack storage at GreatLakes again this year if you get up to Muskgon give us a shout!!!!We changed all the Grafix on our boat look for it in RED WHITE @ BLUE!!!!!!
Don
Old 05-09-2002, 11:12 AM
Registered

Dyno,

Sounds sweet, your interior is all white isn't it? Do you have any pictures of the new paint job?

We'll be at Tower and so far there is no one in the slip next to us so if you make the trip down there's a transient slip next door.

Winters been long, been impatiently waiting for Spring!

Derek
Old 05-09-2002, 11:20 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No pictures yet! I'm waiting on my dash panel for the drivers side,had them covered with carbon look vinyl new lettering.. red and black looks cool! yes the seats are all white. I need a new blue cockpit cover yet but it may have to wait till fall... time is short!re-lettered my trailer to match think I'm going to paint the fenders red when the boat goes in the rack.Ordered a red wheel and cup holders this morning so it should look completely different!
Old 05-13-2002, 12:54 AM
Registered

Hey Derek I was with two friends of mine. 1 with a top gun and the other with a 50 hustler. I currently have no ride I can take out yet, but soon I will not be bumming rides off my friends. I'll look for ya in the next couple of weeks. NK
Old 05-13-2002, 05:50 AM
Registered

Hey does anybody know what happend to Boathouse Billy's in saugatuck. Stopped by this saturday, and the place was dark.