Just ordered $450 worth of stuff from slideanchor.com >

Just ordered $450 worth of stuff from slideanchor.com

Notices

Just ordered $450 worth of stuff from slideanchor.com

Old 08-09-2010, 06:57 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had five boats riding on my small box anchor all day at Redfish reef. My gps anchor alarm never went off so I know we didn't move much.

Getting the thing out of the bottom at the end of the day was a chore though

The spike lets you back up to a beach with the box out front and stay there all day.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Indy
I've spent many a day in a cove having fun while boats all around me are fussing with their dragging anchors. It's actually quite funny to watch, especially on the bigger boats where the lame husband is yelling at his wife as they try to set the anchor.
This mirrors my experience exactly.

You can drag the danforth/vplow anchors all over the lake before you get them to set then.

Then when and if you can get it set you need so much scope you have to prep for a 200 yard circular swing if the wind changes on you.

Then when you are done where does it and the 25+ feet of chain you need to get it to set at all with go?

UD
Old 08-09-2010, 07:12 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,297 Likes on 449 Posts

love my box anchor, had 8 boats on it a few weeks ago, it folds flat and stows in less space than a conventional anchor. Matter of fact I lay it on top of the old one and it all still fits in the same spot.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

unless your on the ocean you got to make adjustments or you could be on the beach or sandbar for a while two weeks ago we went down the beach warning people in there little boats about the bar that was in front of them just because you have 3ft of water around your boat that doesn't mean you have it 20ft infront of you . and some people looked at us like we had two heads and sure enough they got stuck two boats CC one with ob one with a i/ooh well.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

After some questions to the site, I ordered my small boc=x anchor last spring. Works fantastic. Most larger boats, 28' plus would need the next size up. I just drop it off the side, run the anchor line to the bow, tie off and it's done. Actually turned out to be much easier than fussing with the anchor hold.

The only downside is their weight, but it holds like a spike in granite. No more Danforths for me.

Great company as well, very swift in delivery, great feedback, answered all questions.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I oam hoping the small is enough for my 31ss....after reading post on here I heard of several guys holding 2 or 3 boats 25-32 foot at a time with the small. They have small, extra small, large, and xtra large. Reviews said the large was VERY large and harder to store and that the small was plenty for most boats.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Does anyone own the boarding platform? Would love to see some setup pics
Old 08-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

so for a 20 foot bowrider can i go with the baby one or do i need the small one?
Old 08-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Perlmudder
so for a 20 foot bowrider can i go with the baby one or do i need the small one?
Depends on typical conditions you anchor in but a baby one would probably be more than sufficient. I'd like to get a babye to use as a stern anchor.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:25 PM
Registered

Well I like mine "ok", I was so excited when I got it, but it's pain to set in hard clay like conditions, just as much as the previous anchor. Sometime it work incredible and sometime I'm cursing the thing to death. Additionally it holds a ton of mud on the inner underside, so I have to constantly dunk it in and out of the water to get the mud off. Watch your fingers and warn others, a buddy pull the pin out and it collapsed down and his fingers. I really think it depends on your bottom of where you are boating.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.