Hornet Marine

Old 08-26-2010, 01:14 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Well Of Course Everybody's Nice To Ya

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
Be there next year with a bigger boat and can't wait Thanks
NK
You always bring the coolest .................
Old 08-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Donziweasel
Hope this clarifies my position.

Now as to Hornet Marine, take a look at the pictures below. It is one thing to splash a hull, it is another to plagarize a distinct trademark. Hornet should invent it's own identity, not steal Donzi's.
DW It does and like I said no bone to pick for me.

I also said here or somewhere else that to me they should make a more original product and let it stand on its own merrit. I agree about these pics for sure

Thanks Mike, your boat ride and guided tour was one of our highlights

NK
Old 08-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Registered

Well Kitty, if we ever meet first round is on me. If you ever find yourself in Jackson Hole, my door is always open to a fellow Donzi owner.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Registered

Default We appreciate the feedback

Weather it be good or bad we do appreciate the feedback. I expect that many people share DW's point of view. I also know that many people are very excited about what is coming.

Either way we are enthusiastic about the input we get from both sides of the fence.

Remember everyone is invited to visit our facility. When possible we can also arrange for demo rides.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

-----Weazel,,,Opinions are like belly buttons,,,Everyone has one!!! As a former DONZI dealer and a fairly deeply involved DONZI nut I am not bothered by Davids plans a bit. Nor am I bothered even remotely by whatever conspiracy theory by the east coast contingent you seem to think you have unearthed. Good luck with your venture, David. You will need every bit of luck we can pass along.......Bill S
Old 08-26-2010, 09:26 PM
Registered

Red, read my posts again, no conspiracy theory, got into with Pearson and Matty, end of story.

Once again, read my posts agian, Don't have a problem with a splash as much as I have a problem with using Donzi trademarks. I actually liked the Cobalt splashes, and even Python, not a big fan of Vance though.

Does anyone actually read threads before they post?

I'm done, have at it........
Old 08-26-2010, 09:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Donziweasel
Well Kitty, if we ever meet first round is on me. If you ever find yourself in Jackson Hole, my door is always open to a fellow Donzi owner.
DW
I will take you up on that drink maybe at Chatanooga next year or maybe I'll make it back to the tram one of these days for some serious skiing
Parnell
Old 08-26-2010, 11:19 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

-----Read every post. Thats what I got out of it. Nothing further from me either.......Bill S
Old 08-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Registered

the irony just oozes out of this thread

far be it from Donzi to infringe on a trademark ???? and to have to abandon their logo for making it a little too much like someone elses namely Merecedes Benz, also seems really funny that the script logo is thrown into this seems to me that a very similar badge was also put on another hot piece of fiberglass at the time not made by donzi either , look at the side of a corvette from the same era.

Don was a really sharp businees man he knew the value of being recognized , and how people associate to winners and success. That's why some of his logos in the begining looked like something people knew as a winner. Once his reputation was known any logo he made would do . He worked his way around a few non compete clauses and always had a new bridge built to a new factory with his latest boat curing in the molds at a new plant before the ink dried on the sales contract of the old company . The new owners found they had bought yesterday stuff and Don was building the " what's hot today" stuff across the street.

and thank heavens he was so sharp he built a street into an industry with many variations of a 24 degree deep vee over his tenure.

so it was cool for Don but not for anyone else to do??? isn't it ironic ????? (I hope alanta morisette is not reading don't want to infringe on her copyrights )

we won't even go to the intelectual property stuff seems Donzi took some graphical design features from a boat that was drawing some attention at the gatherings then it ends up on a special edition Donzi offering??? strickly coincedence??? Plagerizm??? or flattery???

respectfully submitted this date

by an elitist prick

BTW DW if I have my new call sign printed up on some tee shirts to sell do I owe you any royalties ????

Last edited by mattyboy; 08-27-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Registered

so everyone can see

the pics have been posted of the donzi script emblem era 1964 to 1968

the new hornet emblem era 2010

and the logo that adorned the other hot piece of fiberglass era 1963 to 1965 a year before donzi was started

http://corvetteactioncenter.com/gall...to/2219/sort/1

Don was definetly trying to make that association to something the public knew that was high performance
the similarity is just too obvious

Last edited by mattyboy; 08-28-2010 at 06:08 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.