Notices

Hornet Marine

Old 01-13-2011, 02:04 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to www.hornetmarine.com and click on their Facebook link.There are 73 photos of our black Hornet that we are introducing next week at the Birmingham Boat Show.

Last edited by Magicfloat; 01-13-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanx
Old 01-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Registered

Default New Upholstery

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
Go to www.hornetmarine.com and click on their Facebook link.There are 73 photos of our black Hornet that we are introducing next week at the Birmingham Boat Show.
There are several pictures on Facebook but there has been one change. Your boat will have the new upholstery from PPI. It came out awesome. Hopefully you can take a few pictures at the show, we were not able to to take really good photos before shipping it down.

I will see if we have a couple that we can post.

I can tell you it looks Awesome!
Old 01-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Registered

Default Ready to Ship

Originally Posted by David Hartmann
There are several pictures on Facebook but there has been one change. Your boat will have the new upholstery from PPI. It came out awesome. Hopefully you can take a few pictures at the show, we were not able to to take really good photos before shipping it down.

I will see if we have a couple that we can post.

I can tell you it looks Awesome!
We put a couple more photos on facebook.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hauling Hustler
WOW is all I can say about this thread. I finally took the time to read the whole thing. Good or Bad there is ALOT of talk about Hornet and thats why we signed up as a dealer. David how is our Yellow boat coming. I can't wait to get it in our hands and have it at the Overland Park KS. show later this month. Post some pics when you can. We will have a Boat Show special of 28,900 for the package we ordered including the trailer. Any questions feel free to call us @ 573-552-8727 or call my cell @ 847-323-0039

George
George, here is a picture of your yellow boat during the build process at our shop. We plan to take a few more pics to post here and on facebook before it heads your way for the show next week, we can't wait to hear the reception it gets at the Overland Park show.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

David,

What happened to the original base target pricing of around 16-17 for the boats. If I am not mistaken I think that was mentioned in one of the trade magazines and posted somewhere a while back one of the forums as well.

Just curious what brought this one up to a 29k boat show price ? I know that usually boat show pricing is a little better than normal MSRP.

Mind you I am not bashing, I am just more of a curious cat as to what is in it and such for that package price besides the trailer.

I am guessing it is an engine upgrade & interior maybe?

Also, just a friendly FYI.... You might want to set that on the front cradle/dolly a little better & get a proper set of lifting straps for your guys.. I would hate to see someone get hurt or the boat get damaged after all the hard work that goes into a build.. J
Attached Thumbnails Hornet Marine-hornet.jpg  
Old 01-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Registered

Default Pricing

Originally Posted by LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS
David,

What happened to the original base target pricing of around 16-17 for the boats. If I am not mistaken I think that was mentioned in one of the trade magazines and posted somewhere a while back one of the forums as well.

Just curious what brought this one up to a 29k boat show price ? I know that usually boat show pricing is a little better than normal MSRP.

Mind you I am not bashing, I am just more of a curious cat as to what is in it and such for that package price besides the trailer.

Also, just a friendly FYI.... You might want to set that on the front cradle/dolly a little better & get a proper set of lifting straps for your guys.. I would hate to see someone get hurt or the boat get damaged after all the hard work that goes into a build.. J
We had hoped to get a base boat out the door for 18k. Some of the choices we made during the development make that impossible. We are using vinlyester resin which is twice the price of polyester. We can get the price down quite a bit when we build a base model but we will not be able to get to 18k. Another thing that happened is when we started to build a base boat we decided we did not want to have that hit the market early because it was going to be one of the first Hornet Boats people see. Ultimately when the online configuration tool is running, people will be able to order a base model that cost thousands less. We think most people will end up configuring the boats similar to what has been shipping lately.

The boat that was mentioned includes Hideaway flush mount swim ladder, Fusion Ipod integrated sound system, 4.3 MPI Engine, All flush mount Stainless hardware, Premium Upholstery, Removable Carpet, Thru Hull Exhaust, Custom 4 Bunk Trailer, and a number of other premium components. When all of these options are chosen it adds to the price but it also makes for a great value and a fun stylish boat. We may build a base model in the future just for catalog photos but we just don't se a lot of interest in the bare minimums.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Registered

Default Pricing

David,

We had hoped to get a base boat out the door for 18k. Some of the choices we made during the development make that impossible. We are using vinlyester resin which is twice the price of polyester. We can get the price down quite a bit when we build a base model but we will not be able to get to 18k. Another thing that happened is when we started to build a base boat we decided we did not want to have that hit the market early because it was going to be one of the first Hornet Boats people see. Ultimately when the online configuration tool is running, people will be able to order a base model that cost thousands less. We think most people will end up configuring the boats similar to what has been shipping lately.

The boat that was mentioned includes Hideaway flush mount swim ladder, Fusion Ipod integrated sound system, 4.3 MPI Engine, All flush mount Stainless hardware, Premium Upholstery, Removable Carpet, Thru Hull Exhaust, Custom 4 Bunk Trailer, and a number of other premium components. When all of these options are chosen it adds to the price but it also makes for a great value and a fun stylish boat. We may build a base model in the future just for catalog photos but we just don't se a lot of interest in the bare minimums.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:14 PM
Registered

Default Dolly and straps

David,

Actually that front dolly on those edges works really well. They lock into place like that and they sit right on the spray rails. Your right on the lifting straps. We are waiting on a custom set to come in. But don't worry that configuration was only used for placing the topside.

Thank you for the input. We can only improve by listening.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by David Hartmann

I sort of figured it was not just a 4 cylinder in there and that something was causing the increases.

No need to worry about me. 29k is still reasonable when you consider everything that goes into building these. I know the materials, power, etc just cost money..

I also agree that most people dont want the base anything. They just want know what the base is and how close the $$$ can get to it.. lol

Most people don't leave my shop with the base anything either, but almost all want to know what the base is..

As you may already know eventho I am licensed as a PA boat dealer in, I don't sell boats. I used to do some light brokerage for a friend in the industry and helped him cover the northern part of his Donzi sales territory.

My shop was set up years ago as an independent approved Donzi service outlet, but sans the sales end.. It was kind on nice as I could help someone get into a Donzi if they were looking, I could also offer them service, repair, custom & resto work or warranty work. It was cool because I also did not have to worry about floor planning a bunch of boats..

Before the banks got all goofy and the economy went to hell for many people AND I had more free time It worked pretty well. However my shop tho was keeping me more than busy and left me with less and less time to spend on brokering, so I just figured I would not worry about doing the sales thing anymore..

Anyway Good luck in the upcoming boat shows & sales..

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.