Notices

Snap-on / Matco Tools

Old 01-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gordo
I have a Snap-On box that I have to open the bottom drawer to use as a step so I can look into the top.
here come the short jokes
Old 01-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

-I too was a Snap On dealer. Put in 18 years on the road, got out in 2000. It was an incredible ride the first 10 yrs and the money was fantastic, especially for a kid fresh out of trade school! After they downsized by closing local warehouses and going to full franchise dealer agreements, it was increasingly difficult to provide the level of service my customers were accustomed to and the profits took a dive. I really enjoyed the business and the customers but the company sure had its share of shady management!

I've now been out 10 years and still have dreams of driving the tool truck almost every night! I've really got no issues, infact I still buy tools occationally and only from the Snap On trucks! All good things come to an end eventually.

-Kurt
Old 01-21-2011, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like a whole lot of you guys are ex tool dealers. lol

I use Craftsman and "Binford", tool box is a good Craftsman, but has an assortment of brands. I have alot of old tools that my grandfather gave me that I wouldn't take anything for, and some are altered.

But, we all need to be very thankful that we even know what a tool is and how to use them. I once thought, when I was young, that every male knew how to use tools. I found out different. Many years ago, when I started my manufacturing company, I hired a "friend" to help out. One day I gave him a 1/2" rachet with a socket and told him a job to do. He went away and came back in a few minutes and told me to give him another rachet.......... that one went the wrong way and he needed one that turned the other way!!!!!!!! I found out he didn't even know how to open the hood of his car.

I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth, my dad put a wrench in my hand and taught me how to use it.

Dolph
Old 01-21-2011, 10:52 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IlmorDonzi
I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth, my dad put a wrench in my hand and taught me how to use it.Dolph
Old 01-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IlmorDonzi
I hired a "friend" to help out. One day I gave him a 1/2" rachet with a socket and told him a job to do.

He went away and came back in a few minutes and told me to give him another rachet.......... that one went the wrong way and he needed one that turned the other way!!!!!!!!

I found out he didn't even know how to open the hood of his car.

Dolph
That's pathetic
Old 01-21-2011, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

craftsman box's full of snap on,the box dos'nt move much but the tools are busy as he$$

A few of my favorits are the 1/4 inch rachet body with the 3/8 drive,great for tight spots and the woble extension,midy sockets are a must as well.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordo
When I started as a dealership mechanic in 1981, I was told "there is a difference". I thought, other than price there can't be that much difference. My Craftsman stuff seemed to work OK, but when the Snap-On guy came in one day just as I was cussing a rounded bolt, he stops me and hands me a Snap-On socket. Even after the Craftsman socket had rounded it, the Snap-on socket did the trick. Years later, they still replace anything I break, and I have a Snap-On box that I have to open the bottom drawer to use as a step so I can look into the top.
they do make a step ya know for you Short ones
Attached Thumbnails Snap-on / Matco Tools-snap-box-4-sale.-4bmp.bmp  
Old 01-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been turning a wrench for 24 years now, have over 200k in tools now from Snap-on to china crap, some times you need to make a tool and you dont want to ruin a $50 tool when a $5will do. Most are Snap-on for a few reasons, most of the time they are the best but around here Snap-on is the only guy you allways have, all the others come and go and you get screwed cuz the Matco, Mac, or Cornwell guy went out of biz. So I wind up with a bucket full of broken crap waiting for a new guy to show up, so whenever Snap-on runs a good trade in deal I swap out for them. Have a KRL1024 that I ordered a custom setup on that took them forever to make but got a great deal on, had the side box and locker on a KRL 1000 that is now my home box, and yes they are full not like the slackers who just want a big box.
Attached Thumbnails Snap-on / Matco Tools-01-20-11_1602%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 01-21-2011, 07:20 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
ahhhhh...the jager bomb
and move right on to the 3 Olives Bubblegum & Red Bull
Attached Thumbnails Snap-on / Matco Tools-three-olives.jpg  
Old 01-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why all the fancy boxes and crap? All you need is a mexican speed wrench

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.