Notices

Snap-on / Matco Tools

Old 01-22-2011, 02:19 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GO4BROKE
Snap on has the most precise sizing, I've checked with a mic. They are also priced so high you can buy several sets of other brands and spend less. $325 for 1/2" deep impacts is a tad bit pricey. I have Mac, Snappy, some Matco. Wound up with a Mac box (love it, hutch is nicer than snappys) because the matco man was too cool to spend time with me or competing on price, snap on man wanted to sell me a smaller box for $1500 more. Mac gave me a good deal. I think box quality is about the same for all 3. They all have a cheaper and a best line of boxes.
I think box quality is about the same for all 3.

ya think the same GO$BROKE ???
my son just called me and said he found a Craftsman Box all tools included on CL this morning and they went and picked it up ... Either Craftsman brand is way cheaper priced then SNAP-ON or they found a H@LL of a deal , he gave $1500.00 for the box and every drawer is full of tools , he told me can't tell from new and guy said he even waxed the box 1X a month for my son tinkering around on his cars , and motorcycles he prolly can get away without doing SNAP-ON brand for know .
Attached Thumbnails Snap-on / Matco Tools-jrs-new-tool-box-002.jpg   Snap-on / Matco Tools-jrs-new-tool-box-001.jpg   Snap-on / Matco Tools-jrs-new-tool-box-003.jpg  

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 01-22-2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: pic download
Old 01-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
I think box quality is about the same for all 3.

ya think the same ???
my son just called me and said he found a Craftsman Box all tools included on CL this morning and they went and picked it up ... Either Craftsman brand is way cheaper priced then SNAP-ON or they found a H@LL of a deal , he gave $1500.00 for the box and every drawer is full of tools . for him tinkering around on his cars , and motorcycles he prolly can get away without doing SNAP-ON brand .
Congrats on a great deal
As you said, tinkering. Craftsmen are tinker tools, great for home and not a pro.
Open the drawers on the box and give'm a wiggle
Looks like he did real good for a 1st home box.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmic12
Congrats on a great deal
As you said, tinkering. Craftsmen are tinker tools, great for home and not a pro.
Looks like he did real good for a 1st home box.

i have'nt seen it Cosmic and was surprized when i got the call this morn there in Ill with snow and -9 degrees and i'm in Florida with Sun and 55 WOOHOO on the brite side he'll have his own set and wont searching all over the shop for mine with 4 boyz these guys will take apart anything and everything just for fun.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion

If I did it again I would go with cornwell (with out a franchise loan from them) but most my inventory would be independent tools except hardline. Then you have the best of both worlds.

A good friend left Matco last year and went to Cornwell,they made him a $very$ nice deal.He started in April of 2010 and just missed top 100 in the nation.He is currently 9th in the nation.His whole attitude is different about the business.
The people running Cornwell are all from Matco for the most part.And in my opinion they have the best current dealer contract out of the four companies.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I use Snap On for all my tools (box and hand tools) and also grilling. YPM makes the marinade that we use while bench racing. It has infrared too. You can have your steak medium rare and then sear it to seal in the juices.
Attached Thumbnails Snap-on / Matco Tools-img00064-20101121-1749.jpg   Snap-on / Matco Tools-img00066-20101121-1750.jpg   Snap-on / Matco Tools-img00069-20101121-2107.jpg  

Snap-on / Matco Tools-img00070-20101121-2107.jpg   Snap-on / Matco Tools-img00071-20101121-2108.jpg  
Old 01-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Here is my bottom box....rolling on Dubz.
Attached Thumbnails Snap-on / Matco Tools-img00052-20100626-1253.jpg  
Old 01-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Registered

Im what I would call an "almost pro" tool user. I wrench on and own quads, boats, Toy haulers, Rv's, motorcycles 2 cars & a truck. I do 75% of my own work and go to pros or friends for the rest.

I've got a smattering of stuff now, and had LOTS stolen.

Snap-on and Matco are great. My old proto stuff was great.

All my Facom stuff is as good or better than my snap on stuff. This is the most underrated stuff out there. (or my stuff I bought 10 years ago is) HArd to find though.

There is always a snap on truck around, and you should buy your tools from the guy that services you most.

Craftsman stuff breaks, but you can get it replaced, but the other stuff doesn't break to start with.

As far as boxes go it seems you get what you pay for.

I go fluke for most of my multimeters.

As far as spending 10X less on craftsman stuff I see this 2 ways.

1. It's the tool that doesn't break in the middle of the job I want. Being able to get a replacement is nice but means little when you are hundreds of miles from a store stuck in the sand dunes at night.

2. Stuff that breaks cost more when I factor my time energy and frustration in.

The craftsman stuff works for the most part, and it has its place for my purposes as a tool of use vs a tool of choice.

Uncle Dave
Old 01-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thunderusone
I use Snap On for all my tools (box and hand tools) and also grilling. YPM makes the marinade that we use while bench racing. It has infrared too. You can have your steak medium rare and then sear it to seal in the juices.
sweet.

U.D
Old 01-22-2011, 04:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thunderusone

Those barbecues are really nice.I saw one on my friends Snap-On truck.Almost to nice to use.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:58 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

The quality of a craftsman box is nowhere near snappy, matco, or mac.
BUT $1500 for a decent sized box full of tools sounds like a great deal! A home box doesn't need to have drawers strong enough to stand on.

Love the BBQ Thundersusone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.