Notices

Snap-on / Matco Tools

Old 01-22-2011, 11:34 PM
Registered

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by LapseofReason;
For some people fine, but I would need 4 of crapsmans biggest boxes to hold my tools. Another plus with the box I have now top left big drawer is all sockets right under that all air & batt. tools then on the right bank I have 3 big drawers that are all pliers, then screwdrivers then wrenches. So for most of what I need no more bending over all the time. My last box I had to use more than one drawer for the same type tool and all those aside from the screwdrivers are so packed and heavy I wouldn't want a non roller drawer. I had the crapsman pro box at home and got it mid 90's, I got my krl 1000 work box in 91, it's now my home box because the crapsman was falling apart, now I can blame my kids for a lot of that but still they don't hold up near as well.
I have no kids so that helps a lot for longevity and on that note I still have and charish my dads 3/8th fine tooth rachet (craftsmen) it still works great but I only use it on rare occasion.

I would love to bye a big a$$ box to put my tool in but I'll stick with the tight little one I married twenty years ago lol
Old 01-23-2011, 12:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow john!!! if i new you had that i would of been eating at your house instead of the mcdonalds eddie was feedin me, and EDDIE dont think you are the pretty one around here neither...
Old 01-23-2011, 01:05 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crazy Dayz Donzi
wow john!!! if i new you had that i would of been eating at your house instead of the mcdonalds eddie was feedin me, and EDDIE dont think you are the pretty one around here neither...
Did you get the pictures I sent you? I got a bad azz picture of your boat framed from the shootout. I hung it right behind my OL in the shop.
Attached Thumbnails Snap-on / Matco Tools-img00281-20110122-1435.jpg   Snap-on / Matco Tools-img00284-20110122-1517.jpg  
Old 01-23-2011, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
If any of the members here ever need Matco warranty PM me I will give you my address.If you ship it to me I will take care of it and ship it back.
That's a nice very nice offer. When I was a Snap On dealer there was ZERO profit handling broken tools.

Kurt
Old 01-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 370 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Strange you just happen to live in the town that they are made in.
Yes I do! I do not work for them but I have known the product and the company for years. Good people good product. Does the fact that the company is local mean I can't have an opinion?
Old 01-23-2011, 09:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thunderusone
Did you get the pictures I sent you? I got a bad azz picture of your boat framed from the shootout. I hung it right behind my OL in the shop.
yep i got it,that is a awesone picture,thanks john.do we still need to set eddies wall of fame up in his shop? you must have more pull with the picture guy,i have been tryin to get ahold of him for a couple weeks now.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:12 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Im w..o stuff was great.

All my Facom stuff is as good or better than my snap on stuff. This is the most underrated stuff out there. (or my stuff I bought 10 years ago is) HArd to find though.

There is always a snap on truck around, and you should buy your tools from the guy that serv..tuff works for the most part, and it has its place for my purposes as a tool of use vs a tool of choice.

Uncle Dave
Have to agree on the Facom stuff. I have a bunch of their tools, and from time to time will go out of my way to buy some more. Who'd of thought the french were good for much beyond wine, huh?

They're not French anymore. They were bought by S-K, who was later bought by Stanley (Stanley owns\makes MAC). SK is now independent due to a management buy out after the Stanley takeover. Come to think of it, I have a nice S-K 3/8" rachet that's great.

I have some Craftsmen in my box, but would never touch their rachets. Every one I've ever used kind of sucked.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lightning jet
I have no kids so that helps a lot for longevity and on that note I still have and charish my dads 3/8th fine tooth rachet (craftsmen) it still works great but I only use it on rare occasion.

I would love to bye a big a$$ box to put my tool in but I'll stick with the tight little one I married twenty years ago lol
Yea I have 2 boys that like to tinker, I have been with my wife for 21 years but I started working on cars at 16 for a living. Go to school half day then work and on weekends so when I lived at home with no bills I was a tool junkie, I owed over 50k when I was 18, then by 30 no tool dept just picked up new cool stuff when it came out. Then in 07 I got my new box and traded the home box in and brought the work one home. The boxes MSRP was 14k ish but got it for 10k even, did it on Snap-on credit to get the "free" tools then put it on a 0 intrest card for 36 months and just paid it off. I wont ever need to buy another box the rest of my life unless I add a part to mine but I like having a 12+ foot work bench with all my tools in it. Since I work on bikes you don't trash the box by working on it like you would with cars.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lightning jet

I would love to bye a big a$$ box to put my tool in but I'll stick with the tight little one I married twenty years ago ..

nuthin but the tight lil ones BIG Daddy
Old 01-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 1,004 Likes on 532 Posts

For Craftsman, the smooth/polished rachets are their best: http://cgi.ebay.com/Craftsman-New-1-...item3caac17460

I have a set and will search the box to find them over the regular rachets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.