Notices

Snap-on / Matco Tools

Old 03-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Its a smaller standard 4s series in less than perfect condition,no one wants the small boxes.If I had taken it in trade I would be lucky to get $300.00 for it off my truck.There is really no market for them unless someone wants it to use as a large cart.
thats what i was thinkin E>D> but he wanted $600.00 beat him down to $200.00 left an offer of $ 125.00
Old 10-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2010/..._rates/10.html

Matco tools back on top!!!!!!!!

.:ev ilb:
Old 10-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

I think I have at least one of every tool brand.. lol

For me the SnapOn screw drivers are a must. I like the craftsman pro 3/8 flex drive better than the snapon flex. I like the gearwrench open end set Sharkey hooked me up with last year. and my craftsman stuff has its place in the tool box as well as even some harbor frieght and chicago stuff.

As far as a toolbox goes, call me cheap, I just never saw the value of a high end box. Plus, when I was shlepping around on boats we worked in the field and the tool box stayed in the shop... My plastic Plano box was a definite necessity.

Last edited by Panther; 10-28-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Failure rate: 36%
Tool manufacturer and distributor Matco is the riskiest investment on the top-10 "most popular" list, with more than one third of its SBA-backed loans going bad.

Yeah man we beat Quizno's by over 10%.

I really hope everyone realizes I am being very sarcastic. I am a Matco distributor.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 936 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2010/..._rates/10.html

Matco tools back on top!!!!!!!!

.:ev ilb:
Tool manufacturer and distributor Matco is the riskiest investment on the top-10 "most popular" list, with more than one third of its SBA-backed loans going bad.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IlmorDonzi
Anyone ever see the little Snap-On 1/8" drive set? It comes in a little red plastic case with a 1/8" drive handle and 4 very small scockets, 3/32" thru 3/16". Looks more like a toy than a real tool. A friend gave me this set and I have never seen another one.
That's an older aviation specialty set. Mostly made for avionics and instrument panel work.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

This has been a good thread, Having bent wrenches for 20 yrs I have quite a collection of the big 4. What blows peoples minds the most are the two purple Matco street rod editions setting side by side. I found that having 2 or3 of each brand that breaks the most ( impact wobblies) I can grab another & keep going, working on commision time is money. I like my Matco boxes because they are built very well but service wise I have 2/3 snapon 1/3mac 1/3 matco. Also craftsman for the truck & boat. I added ratchet wrenches to both of them cause they are the bomb.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

Small business loans may be Wall Street’s new cesspool.

A suit filed yesterday in New Jersey federal court alleges that TD Bank and franchise distributor Matco Tools were complicit in underwriting hundreds of fraudulent small business loans over a four-year period dating back to 2003.

In their suit, David Villano III and his father, David Villano, Jr., claim that Matco, a subsidiary of publicly traded Danaher Corp., and TD Bank established a scheme to dupe “unsophisticated borrowers” into signing loans that were destined to fail.

The suit alleges that Matco doled out inflated annual performance projections to Cherry Hill, N.J.-based lender Commerce Bank, which was acquired by TD four years ago, in order to get a Small Business Administration loan approved.

Alamy
Matco Tools franchisees allege they were victims of a financial fraud involving the company, a unit of Danaher Corp, and its lender, Commerce Bank.
“Matco’s upper management . . . devised a scheme to secretly make income projections to TD and other SBA lenders that would only be disclosed to the SBA lender,” in order to satisfy the bank’s lending criteria, the suit alleges.

Matco established the system to grow its franchise business, and Commerce Bank officials rubber-stamped the SBA loans because it allowed the bank to collect interest on the doomed debt until it eventually imploded, the suit claims.

The bank turned a blind eye to the inflated projections, according to the suit, because SBA loans are guaranteed by the government with as much as 90 percent of the losses covered.

Loans to Matco franchisees had an unusually high default rate of 37 percent at the time that one of the plaintiffs’ loans was underwritten in 2004, according to the suit.

“It’s unfortunate that SBA loans, which are designed to assist aspiring entrepreneurs and benefit the economy generally, could be used for such deceitful purposes,” said Jerry Marks, an attorney at Marks & Klein representing the Villanos.

A spokeswoman for TD declined to comment, and a Danaher representative could not be reached.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...#ixzz1dv4OjpRH

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 10:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
Small business loans may be Wall Street’s new cesspool.

A suit filed yesterday in New Jersey federal court alleges that TD Bank and franchise distributor Matco Tools were complicit in underwriting hundreds of fraudulent small business loans over a four-year period dating back to 2003.

In their suit, David Villano III and his father, David Villano, Jr., claim that Matco, a subsidiary of publicly traded Danaher Corp., and TD Bank established a scheme to dupe “unsophisticated borrowers” into signing loans that were destined to fail.

The suit alleges that Matco doled out inflated annual performance projections to Cherry Hill, N.J.-based lender Commerce Bank, which was acquired by TD four years ago, in order to get a Small Business Administration loan approved.

Alamy
Matco Tools franchisees allege they were victims of a financial fraud involving the company, a unit of Danaher Corp, and its lender, Commerce Bank.
“Matco’s upper management . . . devised a scheme to secretly make income projections to TD and other SBA lenders that would only be disclosed to the SBA lender,” in order to satisfy the bank’s lending criteria, the suit alleges.

Matco established the system to grow its franchise business, and Commerce Bank officials rubber-stamped the SBA loans because it allowed the bank to collect interest on the doomed debt until it eventually imploded, the suit claims.

The bank turned a blind eye to the inflated projections, according to the suit, because SBA loans are guaranteed by the government with as much as 90 percent of the losses covered.

Loans to Matco franchisees had an unusually high default rate of 37 percent at the time that one of the plaintiffs’ loans was underwritten in 2004, according to the suit.

“It’s unfortunate that SBA loans, which are designed to assist aspiring entrepreneurs and benefit the economy generally, could be used for such deceitful purposes,” said Jerry Marks, an attorney at Marks & Klein representing the Villanos.

A spokeswoman for TD declined to comment, and a Danaher representative could not be reached.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...#ixzz1dv4OjpRH

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The most amazing thing about this to me is that Matco was ever even ABLE to somehow get the SBA to work with its dealer force.

Being a super cash rich company that started it all, Snap-On to this day even in the good economy could never get SBA backing for its prospective dealers regardless of their credit.

I never had any idea that Matco guys could get SBA money. Shocker!
Old 11-18-2011, 05:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SDFever
The most amazing thing about this to me is that Matco was ever even ABLE to somehow get the SBA to work with its dealer force.

Being a super cash rich company that started it all, Snap-On to this day even in the good economy could never get SBA backing for its prospective dealers regardless of their credit.

I never had any idea that Matco guys could get SBA money. Shocker!

http://www.bluemaumau.org/files/Fina...-11_0.pdf:eek:

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.