Notices

Snap-on / Matco Tools

Old 01-20-2011, 08:35 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
http://tooltrucks.com/classmain.php

While some may be sold to upgrade most are from failed dealers.This is were trucks go when the dealer goes out.If you click on the company it lists all trucks available with those stickers.
where do all the tools go from these failed dealers ??? is that whats all over cl & eb@y ?????? have run across tools new & still packaged
Old 01-20-2011, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Strange you just happen to live in the town that they are made in.
i have been doing business with my Matco deal for over 20 years here in Charlotte NC. do you know him , his name is Cecil Long. He is very good , has a well stocked truck is is there every week. I like snap on but everything they have is not the best , i buy from all of them depending on price availability and quality. The tool business is 100 % about service, without it they are all junk.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig
I don't know about the tools but nobody makes a better box then Matco.
Thats a fact Jack!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Best tools in the world ain't no good if they are broken and you can't get it replaced, holding you up. Haven't been in the field for over 25 yrs, which has left me every Snap-On rachets broken, or at least just the guts with stripped teeth. Their wrenches and sockets held up fine, except for the sockets that double as u-joint removal tools. They just don't seem to work so well after being beaten on. Actually when I have to grind, weld or modify a socket for a special occasion, I use my Snap-On's since I consider them disposable.
With Sears just a couple miles away and open 7 days a week, now I just buy Craftsman and they work just as well for me.
For the 10x cheaper cost of Craftsman over Snap-On, I'll deal with the occasional broken tool every few yrs or so and drive to Sears to replace it. Leaves more money for boat stuff.

Once was a 3/8" drive 11/16" , now it's a 1/4" drive 9/16"

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-02-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
where do all the tools go from these failed dealers ??? is that whats all over cl & eb@y ?????? have run across tools new & still packaged
Some of it maybe ends up there,usually when a guy goes out there is not much left.They will take back some stuff but a lot they won't.Also some of the guys that have loans won't send back as any credit goes against the loan.They will usually try to sell cheap for cash the last couple of weeks.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikes280
i have been doing business with my Matco deal for over 20 years here in Charlotte NC. do you know him , his name is Cecil Long. He is very good , has a well stocked truck is is there every week. I like snap on but everything they have is not the best , i buy from all of them depending on price availability and quality. The tool business is 100 % about service, without it they are all junk.
I think I have meet him a couple of times at shows.definitely know the name.I do kinda keep to myself the last few years a lot has changed.......
Old 01-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Best tools in the world ain't no good if they are broken and you can't get it replaced, holding you up. Haven't been in the field for over 25 yrs, which has left me every Snap-On rachets broken, or at least just the guts with stripped teeth. Their wrenches and sockets held up fine, except for the sockets that double as u-joint removal tools. They just don't seem to work so well after being beaten on. Actually when I have to grind, weld or modify a socket for a special occasion, I use my Snap-On's since I consider them disposable.
With Sears just a couple miles away and open 7 days a week, now I just buy Craftsman and they work just as well for me.
For the 10x cheaper cost of Craftsman over Snap-On, I'll deal with the occasional broken tool every few yrs or so and drive to Sears to replace it. Leaves more money for boat stuff.

Once was a 3/8" drive 11/16" , now it's a 1/4" drive 9/16"
the 10x cheaper cost of Craftsman over Snap-On

have'nt bought em off the SNAP-ON truck in a few years but are they really that kinda price diff ???
Old 01-20-2011, 09:06 PM
Banned

Some of it maybe ends up there,usually when a guy goes out there is not much left.They will take back some stuff but a lot they won't.Also some of the guys that have loans won't send back as any credit goes against the loan.They will usually try to sell cheap for cash the last couple of weeks.
They will usually try to sell cheap for cash the last couple of weeks ......

Those the guys im lookin for ....
Old 01-20-2011, 09:20 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
the 10x cheaper cost of Craftsman over Snap-On

have'nt bought em off the SNAP-ON truck in a few years but are they really that kinda price diff ???

No idea, been over 25 yrs since I last bought off Snap-On, right out of high school. Didn't worry about the price then, just made the weekly payment when the toolman stopped. Should have them paid off in another 25.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

A lot of Snap-On stuff shows up at our flea market. Those boxes are unreal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.