Notices

Snap-on / Matco Tools

Old 01-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Snap-on / Matco Tools

SNAP-ON , MATCO , CRAFTSMAN , Whats your opinions on the best tools out there , and whats everybody using ??? I'm seeing a bunch of these HUGE toolboxs on Craiglist & ebay for decent $$$$ and should prolly get another 1 for the shop .. I'm thinkin SNAP-ON the guy has to come by for me to buy addtl tools & craftsman just walk in the store ..
thnx

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Snap-...motiveQ5fTools
Attached Thumbnails Snap-on / Matco Tools-snap-box-4-sale.bmp   Snap-on / Matco Tools-snap-box-4-sale.-2bmp.bmp  

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 01-20-2011 at 01:59 PM. Reason: pic download
Old 01-20-2011, 01:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

snap on only way to go
Old 01-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
SNAP-ON , MATCO , CRAFTSMAN
In that order!

Love my snap-ons, great tools. I only have a few Matcos so can't comment. I keep a craftsman kit on the boat, and in the truck, they are good tools, but I find myself breaking and wearing them out more frequently than the snap-ons when I use them in daily service.

One thing to consider is warranty availability... if you don't have a local snap-on guy, it can be a PITA to get them fixed when they do break. Craftsman is easy, just run to Sears
Old 01-20-2011, 01:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

thats the box i wanted only in black but the shop i worked at wouldnt allow it as it is to big that thing is over 10 foot wide like it is and if you could buy it for 10K that would be a steal
Old 01-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
SNAP-ON , MATCO , CRAFTSMAN , Whats your opinions on the best tools out there , and whats everybody using ??? I'm seeing a bunch of these HUGE toolboxs on Craiglist & ebay and should get 1 for the shop ..
thnx

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Snap-...motiveQ5fTools
I have a matco 8575 tool box with snapon hand tools

That box on ebay is a really nice box,it probably sold for over 25k when it was new..if you have the cash its a really good buy..now do you have the toold to fill that monster??

little smaller,cheeper,closer.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SNAPO...item1c188ee871 just so you know you can change the trim on the box's to what ever color you want

Last edited by FIXX; 01-20-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ebay Ed
thats the box i wanted only in black but the shop i worked at wouldnt allow it as it is to big that thing is over 10 foot wide like it is and if you could buy it for 10K that would be a steal
Holy crap! its huge. looks like its going to be a steal
Old 01-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
In that order!

Love my snap-ons, great tools. I only have a few Matcos so can't comment. I keep a craftsman kit on the boat, and in the truck, they are good tools, but I find myself breaking and wearing them out more frequently than the snap-ons when I use them in daily service.

One thing to consider is warranty availability... if you don't have a local snap-on guy, it can be a PITA to get them fixed when they do break. Craftsman is easy, just run to Sears
B4 i sold the old shop the SNAP-ON truck rolled in every 2 weeks and we replaced any lost tools (lost tools = grew legs and walked away ) bought any new products or he did replacements on broken ones ... the boyz been at the new shop since 2004 and have never seen a SNAP-On truck drive by or even stop in. Sears is 5 mins away but i dont think they compare but what do i know
Old 01-20-2011, 02:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

comparing snap on to craftman is like comparing a lamborghini to a yugo no comparision if you make you money with tools snap on is the only way to go if you tinker craftsman are fine you need to call snap on and tell them to have a dealer start stopping by they may not know you exist
Old 01-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ebay Ed
I'll wax it ED and sell it to ya for 15K
whats a couple Gs amongst friends
Old 01-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 280 Likes on 99 Posts

Having owned a tool business for 7 years, heres what I know.

Yes buying a complete box on craigslist can be a good value.

If you work in a shop buying from the trucks on weekly payments is the smartest. Whoever services you the best deserves the most business, because you are paying for the service.

All the tools from the trucks are good. Craftsman are for home use not commercial. They will not hold up.

Snap on, Matco, Mac, Cornwell, are the four mobile trucks. Snap on makes some tools in america
Cornwell makes more tools in america
Matco and Mac dont make any in america

All four share many specialty tools made by a third party branded for each company

Cornwell is the oldest, then snap on, then mac and matco
mac and matco used to be the same, then they split

Everyone will have a brand preference but the big four mobil trucks are all good. Craftsman is not as good quality, selection, strenth, but fine for some things. There are so many variables to include, depending on each persons situation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.