Notices

Dogs and Boating

Old 01-26-2011, 06:58 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Dogs and Boating

I have never been one to let a fishing hook or a dog anywhere near the vinyl on my boats.

We are considering a rescue. A small lab from a shelter. She's already full grown and seems really laid back and gentle. However, we bought our Baja 342 at the end of last summer. We've never had a genset, air, all the goodies before. We plan to do a lot of all-nighters this summer on the river.

Does anyone boat with dogs?
Old 01-26-2011, 07:39 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boating Dogs

Our dog always goes to the lake with us. She has her own life jacket and she loves the water. She knows when the weekend comes and she is first to the door to hit the lake. If we don't stop every hour or so and let her in the water, she will get up in my face and whin. She loves to run 100mph and she sticks her nose up in the wind with her ears blowing in the breeze. She gets up on the engine cover and dives four feet in the air to jump in the water. When she gets out she pulls herself up on the swim step and then leaps up on the swim platform without touching the gelcoat. We do keep her clipped so she does not hurt the gel and she does not hurt the seats at all. I was worried about all that at first, but I could not imagine going to boat without her. I think she likes it as much as we do.
Dogs and Boating-washingtonoregon-020.jpg
Old 01-26-2011, 07:41 AM
Registered

I take both of my dogs reguarly on my boat, obviously my boat isn't as nice as yours but I just had the upholstery re-done in my Chris Craft and it wasn't exactly cheap but they don't ever scratch anything up. One is a lab american bull dog mix and the other is a hound lab mix. Both were rescues and both love the water. My lab american bull dog will sit/lay on the pad while we are cruising, he loves looking out over the side of the boat.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:41 AM
Registered

I boat with my Black Lab, he spends the nights with us and everything. Only problem I have is the fur balls he leaves from shedding, other than the its not a problem. I have a cordless Dyson we keep on the boat to clean up after him. He loves the boat, loves moving and the air.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

no way a dog is getting in the boat...claws, hair, drool... but to each his own
Old 01-26-2011, 07:54 AM
Registered

#1 Water Rescue dog to the rescue

Old 01-26-2011, 08:13 AM
British member!
VIP Member

Small Lab here as well - loves the boats and the water, she won't dive in luckily and the lifejacket is essential for getting her back on board as it has a handle.
Attached Thumbnails Dogs and Boating-sany0074-m.jpg  

If it's too loud you're too old!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!
Old 01-26-2011, 09:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Downtown42
#1 Water Rescue dog to the rescue

Beautiful dog!! I have always wanted one!
Old 01-26-2011, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a friend up north MI that boats w/ his bulldog Oscar often on his 37 AT! He does well! Personally no nails on the boat!
Old 01-26-2011, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't always but have taken my Husky out on the boat before... This day in paticular was a late fall day about 2 years ago, her and I went to go burn some gas out of the boat on the river..
She doesn't like the heat so I leave her at home in the A/C during the Hot summer months.
Attached Thumbnails Dogs and Boating-misc-08-001.jpg   Dogs and Boating-misc-08-002.jpg   Dogs and Boating-misc-08-003.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.