Notices

Super Hawaii

Old 02-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Payton
Hm, interesting. I sanded out the back half of the rocker, making a slight step. Then sanded the back 4" straight intsead of a slight hook at the back. It really made my hull ride higher in the water and still no chine walking whatsoever.
The chine walk was with the Italian boats the 34 & 40 had no problems with that. The hook pushed the bow down, rocker let the bow ride up.

It all goes back to prop angle, surface drives run negative trim prop angled slightly upwards like a conventional inboard. That pushed the bow down and transom up on a long boat. The rocker allows the back to settle in and ride on the transom, it liens back on itself - between those two dynamics the boat should run flat and fast.

Traditonal hulls mostly have a hook, the bow goes down and a positive trim angle on the outdrive pries the bow up to overcome the hook. You take the hook out and it takes less trim to achieve the same boat angle of attack.

Last edited by HabanaJoe; 02-11-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 926 Likes on 335 Posts

yea, the older I get the cooler I was. kinda wish you hadnt posted that photo. I recognize most everyone in the photo but that was long enough ago dont make me try and put names to anyone. man, that all seems like a whole other lifetime ago.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
yea, the older I get the cooler I was. kinda wish you hadnt posted that photo. I recognize most everyone in the photo but that was long enough ago dont make me try and put names to anyone. man, that all seems like a whole other lifetime ago.
Steve, you made me go down stairs and pull out the settlement agreement I signed 20 years ago and read the letter from the then lawyer Cary Glickstein.

It's funny we parted on some harsh words but later talked and things were cool - I Googled him today found he's a developer in Delay Beach and tried to call him but only voice mail!

I'm on the far right side, the far left was Doug Trammel, the others I know their faces so well but can't put a name to anyone except the kid longside of me Todd Zuback.

ps - you were cool. Once I put your name with your face I remembered you, you were always a nice guy, nothing bad to ever say about you.

Last edited by HabanaJoe; 02-11-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 926 Likes on 335 Posts

yea some days I feel like my mind is like a photo album, all illustration and no text. of course with me names have always been tough, I think I was on my second or third date with my wife before I could remember her full name. those were some fun times but there was with out a doubt some unusual deals with the owner of SH.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Registered

What ever became of my portable Dyno trailer?
Old 02-12-2011, 07:41 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joe, my boat would purpose at any speed if I trimmed to high .It never was a problem, I just had to add a little tab. I had always thought that hurt my fuel economy. I was wrong. I add some fuel flow meters and my MPG actually improved by dragging a tab. If the water was pretty flat. In rough water you never noticed a purpose. that's more fun to run it anyway.
It never .really was a problem
Old 02-12-2011, 09:17 AM
Registered

Payton - I never thought it that big of deal either, any boat will porpise with too much trim.

Like Ed said about Everglades and not wanting it, I was there, I was there with Ralph and Tres more than a few times. I agree the boats were not perfect but whose is? I know Ed hit the nail on the head with their customers wanted Cigarette, Apache, later Fountain - you went to Everglades because it was the place to go to - you were cool buying a boat there, having them work on it, store it, etc - they were Da Man!

We thought if they had our boats we would be cool too!

I also really believe (I hated it to) the name was wrong, the Super Hero had a real Japanese feeling to it and then after the Marvel comics problem to change to Super Hawaii was dumb at best - that name was the worse. What did it mean?

I didn't have enough of an interest to say "No" and allot really went along with whatever Kitami said because they were just sucking his wallet dry!

Me, anybody that ever sat in the Hialeah confernce room knew I fought everyone on so many things - hence I needed to go at all costs. Even after I left I held the stock for awhile just because I would not give in - F*** some of those people.

In the end they were wrong, they took Kitami's money and made him oust the few people that were loyal to him, even if they weren't the best at what they did, they were not robbing him like others did!

I'm sorry, after pulling out the old letters, it just made me think about how many people screwed him so bad and painted a few in a bad light.

Last edited by HabanaJoe; 02-12-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
...the people who built the Monte Carlos (maybe one of the Abbatte's) built the production boats...
As far as I know no participation of Abbate. Offshorer Marine was started by throttleman Gianfranco Rossi (with partner Renato Della Valle) in 1988 in Ventimiglia, resurrecting the shipyard his father founded in '74.

Back to Super Hawaii. It seems that they had big plans. While searching for other things I stumbled over these design proposals of a famous Italian designer made for SH. Do you know if one of those has ever been realized?:

48' Sport

60' Sport

50' Flybridge

50' Cruiser
Old 02-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Registered

olli - not ever made as far as I know as production. There was one BIG one made for the Venice to Monte Carlo 55' - 65' and that boat was a flop, kind of an older version of the Sony boat. Steve do you have any pics of that boat from over in Italy? It never made it here to the US.

YES - Offshorer Monte Carlo they made the pleasure version I believe of the CESA that we brought to Miami

Last edited by HabanaJoe; 02-12-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Registered

...There was one BIG one made for the Venice to Monte Carlo 55' - 65' and that boat was a flop...

YES - Offshorer Monte Carlo they made the pleasure version I believe of the CESA that we brought to Miami
You posted a pic of that on the other SH-thread. I have seen that model as FB 46, Voyager Aero 46, Ilver Aero 46, Monte Carlo 46, Super Hawaii 46, Vitrostamp ...

Monte Carlo 46:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.