Notices

Super Hawaii

Old 02-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, Monte Carlo 46 with twin 600hp Seateks, was in couple boat magazines with me and my wife on the sunpad one time - her big shot at swimsuit modeling but it was taken from a helicopter so not much to see - LOL!

I still kid her had it been a close-up our life could have changed forever - you know Victoria Secret would have been right there after her and earning the big bucks!

Good thing she does read what I write

That was a great boat we took it to Sundays a few times for brunch and other places just to be seen with it. it turned such heads the fact that it was diesel at that time with the exhaust through the drives - so quite. The trimaxs allowed you to spin that boat like a Hatteras pulling up to the dock and the ZF trans were so smooth, the mini-wing on top - a great show when you pulled up with that in 1990!
Old 02-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
...Good thing she does read what I write
Such things can have painful consequences.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by olli
Such things can have painful consequences.
I meant good thing she doesn't read what I write but I figured you already got that!
Old 02-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That 48 Sport looks like Art Carlson designed. It looks like a grown up version of the Glastron/Carlson Scimitar.
Cool boat.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a 40 SH in Va Beach FOR SALE !!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Payton your right the 48 and even the 60's style lean that way. They definately look like something out of a James Bond movie. HabanaJoe that 46 Monte Carlo looks like a very cool ride
Old 02-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 926 Likes on 335 Posts

I dont have photos of much any more. after Michelle passed away I went on a binge of throwing out stuff, a couple dozen trophies and three file cabinets full of photos and articles all went in the trash. about the only SH photos I have are of the broken 38 from the Port Huron race. I never really saved much from any of the stuff I have done over the years and I try not to be in too many photos, the term "incriminating evidence" has come up too often so I try to keep a low profile.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Compedgemarine, I started this thread to find out some info about a friend of mines boat because my limited skills on the internet yielded no results. WOW!!! I could not be more pleased to read all the info & pics that you,HabanaJoe,Peyton,& the others that joined in provided & like I told HabanaJoe the stories (your memories) of building,racing & running these boats are priceless, Thanxs for all of your input
Old 02-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Registered

wish I could be of more help, I worked in sarasota at the race shop so except for the few times the factory needed help with issues I never really had much to do with the production boats. In the end I moved all the race shop up to plant and put it in a building where it sat as the race program was pretty much done. after that I went and found something else to do till I ran into Sirois at a car auction and he suckered me into coming on to work on the Alcone boats.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:54 AM
Registered

this is the four engine diesel boat.

http://boatmad.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=20074

it was originally named the gancia dei gancia, little history on it

http://www.fbdesign.it/cesa1882.php

in looking back on pics this is the replacement for the broken Port Huron boat. it was a loaner from FB.

http://boatmad.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=20071

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.