Notices

Super Hawaii

Old 02-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

The white 38' was the Baltek boat I beleive?
Old 02-13-2011, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

brochure pics....
Attached Thumbnails Super Hawaii-sh-1-.jpg   Super Hawaii-sh-2-b.jpg   Super Hawaii-sh-3-c.jpg  

Old 02-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
brochure pics....
Thank you!
Old 02-13-2011, 03:02 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Anyone have pics of the 1993 Miami Boat Show SH?
Old 02-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 991 Likes on 360 Posts

yes I think you may be right that the white boat was the Baltek boat. dont know what happened to it after we used it.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:02 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

From Habana Joes colection
Attached Thumbnails Super Hawaii-scan0001-3-.jpg   Super Hawaii-scan0001-4-.jpg  
Old 02-13-2011, 09:04 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

more from Joe
Attached Thumbnails Super Hawaii-scan0002-2-.jpg   Super Hawaii-scan0002-3-.jpg   Super Hawaii-scan0003-2-.jpg  

Old 02-13-2011, 09:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Payton
From Habana Joes colection
Picture on left - this is why diesels, no matter how good they were in the US were doomed years ago. This is one boat starting at the 1989 worlds in AC. To the left of that boat is Kappa the Buzzi cat that later Stefano was killed in, the smoke is so thick you can't seee the boat! The smoke was a Isotta diesel though, Seatek was just as bad if not worse!

Picture on right - back to Super Hero (the original name), this was part of our booth at the 1990 Miami boat show. It was pretty classy for it's time, the orignal name with the black and goal was rich looking. When the name changed to Hawaii like I said, I thought it was stupid! i won't go into who came up with the multi-colored letters in the new name but again, i thought it just very low class. Who in the world associates offshore powerboats with Hawaii? The Japanese watched Miami Vice they wanted Miami not Hawaii 5-0!!!!
Old 02-13-2011, 09:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Payton
more from Joe
The pic on left - first the girl on the right is my wife of 25+ years, she let me go broke because she loved me! I wish she hated me back then and said no to some things!

Anyway, the boat that was the 34' diesel test boat, we had the large leaning post because hour after hour of running the boat got tiring. It was nice to sit up on there, lean to the side etc - great boat! The back seat seemed very high because it was a fuel tank, we just threw the seats on top as to not sit on the tank. The twin Cummins took up all the engine room and we needed more than the under deck tank, we didn't want to keep moving weight forward so we did this tank. When you look at the black 38 or white 38 race boat the fuel tank was in the same place across the boat not length wise.

Theory behind side to side was keep the tank very short and very high with a bottom draw, no pick-up tubes to break. The short tank had less slosh front to back allowed for a tapered bottom. To ensure a clean flow of air-free fuel to the engines we also had a small 2 gallon fuel log, the main tank gravity fed the fuel log and the log had a vent tube that ran to the top of the main tank - no air got in the engines!

PS the guy on the left is Doc, remember him from Popeyes!

Center and right pictures - they are the 46' Super Hero pleausre version of the gancia /cesa but the two had nothing in common really. The twin 600hp Seateks, the 4 seperate bolsters were really cool and pretty progressive for 21 years ago. As olli said they were really "Offshoreres" and if you look at the steering wheel you'll see the "Offshorer" logo on there in red. The boat was just really sexy, sleek and smelled of money, Apache's and Cigarette's were nice but you pulled up with this and you were in a different class altogether, not better or worse just different.

I'm looking for the magazine test of the 46', I think it is at my father's house and I'll stop there tomorrow. that boat may not have been built or designed by us but it is what Kitami wanted the company to be - notch above!
Old 02-13-2011, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 991 Likes on 360 Posts

the Seatek's were as bad or worse than that. if you watch the tapes of those boats racing you always knew where the had been by the black trail in the water. at the shop we had to scrub the boats top to bottom every time we started them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.